The SERVRPO fire damage team serving Oceano advocates fire prevention and safety first.
PASO ROBLES, Calif. (PRWEB) October 21, 2020
The cost of fire damage extends beyond the house or business burning down. Along with property loss and damage comes the emotional toll and the cost of repairs and recovery and SERVPRO, the fire damage repair company serving Oceano, wants the community to know they are here with support in times of stress.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that fire departments in the United States respond to approximately 1.3 million fires per year. In 2018 fires resulted in an estimated $25.6 billion in losses.
The American Psychological Association (APA) reports that, “You should not underestimate the challenge of evacuation, relocation and rebuilding after a fire.” The APA report, “Recovering emotionally after a fire,” states it is common for people to experience shock, anger and hopelessness after a fire, but ultimately most people are able to move beyond the disbelief and sadness and look towards the future. The fire damage team serving Oceano has the experience, training, and respect to help home residents, business owners and employees return to a normal life as soon as possible.
The SERVRPO fire damage team serving Oceano advocates fire prevention and safety first. In the event of a fire, get everyone to safety and call 911.
Fire safety includes:
- Install smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Inspect heating sources and make necessary repairs
- Keep the stove and oven clean to avoid fire from burning food particles and cooking oil residue
- Don’t leave food cooking unattended
- Clean lint out of the dryer frequently
- Inspect and replace or repair electrical cords
- Make sure any flammable products are properly stored
- Use caution with open flames such as fireplaces, barbecue grills and candles
- Place fire extinguishers in easy to access locations and make sure everyone who is old enough know how to use them
- Create and practice a family emergency escape plan
When the fire is out and the fire department says it is safe to return to the property, SERVPRO can help in a number of ways:
- Help processing the insurance claim
- Remove fire and smoke damaged property and structural elements from the property
- Repair water damage
- Assess the damage and help determine what can be repaired and restored.
Depending on the intensity of the fire, families are frequently surprised about what items can be repaired and restored. This is why SERVRPO uses the motto, “Like it never even happened.
The SERVPRO team serving Oceano has the knowledge and expertise to ensure home and businesses are taken care of and the work is done correctly. Our technicians are caring experts who can guide you through this tough time and help get through the financial and emotional cost of fire.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande
1131 Pike Lane Suite 9
Oceano, CA 93445