“The pandemic has really encouraged companies to reconsider the types of jobs that can be done from home and reevaluate what positions are actually compatible with remote work,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) November 09, 2020
As the U.S. enters its ninth month of the pandemic, employers and workers continue to adjust to and experience the benefits of the remote workplace. In fact, according to FlexJobs’ 9th Annual Super Survey, 65 percent of workers would prefer to work remotely full-time post-pandemic, while 31 percent would like a hybrid arrangement that combines both home and in-office work. As a result of both increased employee demand and more accepting attitudes from employers around remote work, it is likely that the variety of jobs that can be performed remotely will continue to grow. To demonstrate the range of jobs that are compatible with remote work, FlexJobs has rounded up 50 of the most surprising remote job titles of 2020.
“The pandemic has really encouraged companies to reconsider the types of jobs that can be done from home and reevaluate what positions are actually compatible with remote work,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs. “As everyone broadens their views of the workplace, I fully anticipate we will continue to see a growing variety in remote job titles into 2021,” Sutton concluded.
The fifty remote jobs below are either active postings or were active at some point during 2020 and can be done from home. These positions range from entry-level to senior-level and span across a wide range of industries. More surprising jobs can be found in the FlexJobs database.
1. Apparel Product Development Consultant
3. Associate Scientist - Climate Impact and Snow Modeling
4. Bridge Engineer
5. Conversation Designer
6. Cosmetology Practice Question Writer
7. Culinary Arts Virtual Teacher
8. Dental Assistant or Hygienist
9. Digital Painter
10. Director of Identity and Freelancer Fraud
11. Electrical Controls Analyst
12. Fertility Utilization Review
13. Festival Coordinator
14. Finance and Banking Translator
15. Fitness Instructor
16. Geospatial Analyst
17. Home Stylist
18. Infectious Diseases Research Scientist
19. In-Game Chat Moderation
20. Junior Food Photographer
21. Lead Chef Instructor - Pastry
22. Lead Sediment Design Engineer
23. Lead Telehealth Creative Arts Therapist
24. Life Coach
25. Menu Team Supervisor
26. Mixology and Bartending Instructor
27. Navy Readiness Improvement Program Lead
28. Northern Mine Geotechnical Specialist
29. Nurse Practitioner
30. Organic Handler Certification Specialist
31. Pattern Maker
33. Project Manager - Custom Farm Builds
34. Prop Styling Photographer
35. School Social Worker
37. Script Analyst
38. Senior Mortgage Underwriter
39. Senior Scientist - Biocompatibility Specialist
40. Simulation Creator
41. Social Support, COVID-19
42. Spaceship Physics Developer
43. Strategic Partner, Sports
44. Styling Team Lead
46. Tissue Regeneration Specialist, Surgical and Sports Medicine
48. Trade Book Strategist
49. Virtual STEM Camp Director
50. Wildlife Scientist
For those who want to convince their bosses that their jobs can be performed productively from a home office even post-pandemic, FlexJobs’ career coaching team has developed a template for requesting a more permanent work-from-home arrangement. It includes an email to request a meeting and a proposal outline to present at the meeting. This details:
- the written request to work from home permanently
- the reasoning and benefits of a permanent arrangement
- a potential work from home schedule and communication details.
For more information please visit https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/surprising-flexible-and-remote-jobs-v2/ or contact Kathy Gardner at email@example.com.
FlexJobs is a premium online job service for professionals seeking flexible work, specializing in full-time and part-time remote jobs, employee and freelance jobs, and on-site jobs with flexible, part-time, and alternative schedules. Since its start in 2007, FlexJobs has helped more than 4 million people in their job searches and has created the largest vetted database of legitimate flexible job opportunities in over 50 career categories. In addition, FlexJobs provides robust career support, including curated expert resources and career coaching services, to partner with job seekers in all phases of their journey. A trusted source in the media, FlexJobs has been cited in top national outlets such as CNN, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNBC, Forbes, and many others. FlexJobs' Founder & CEO Sara Sutton has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of flexible work. Sutton is the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.