“We have seen and expect to continue seeing the flexible job marketplace diversify, as companies across all sizes and industries recognize it as a top perk for employees, as well bringing bottom-line benefits to them,” said Sara Sutton, founder and CEO of FlexJobs
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) August 13, 2018
It’s a job seeker’s market, with low unemployment, projected pay raises, and nearly two-thirds of U.S. employers planning to hire full-time, permanent workers in the second half of 2018. To help job seekers interested in finding flexible jobs, FlexJobs has identified the “Top 40 Companies Hiring for Flexible Jobs” during the last year. This list is based on an analysis of over 50,000 companies and looks specifically at their flexible job posting histories in the FlexJobs database between July 31, 2017, and July 31, 2018. A “flexible job” is defined as a professional-level job that has a telecommuting, flexible schedule, part-time, or freelance component.
The top 10 career categories hiring for flexible jobs in 2018, according to the FlexJobs database, are:
2. Computer & IT
3. Medical & Health
4. Customer Service
5. Education & Training
6. Account/Project Management
8. Accounting & Finance
10. HR & Recruiting
“Companies are competing in a tight labor market, and in order to attract and retain top talent, they need to better meet employees’ expectations about what it means to have a fulfilling and healthy career—and at the top of that list is the desire for work flexibility,” said Sara Sutton, founder and CEO of FlexJobs. “So we have seen and expect to continue seeing the flexible job marketplace diversify, as companies across all sizes and industries recognize it as a top perk for employees, as well bringing bottom-line benefits to them,” Sutton concluded.
Below are the top 10 companies, excluding staffing agencies, that recruited for the most flexible jobs since July 2017 on FlexJobs, as well as examples of flexible jobs currently posted. For the entire top 40 companies hiring for flexible jobs, please visit: https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/top-40-companies-hiring-for-flexible-jobs
1. UnitedHealth Group
- Manager, Clinical Coding Quality
- Medical Report Reviewer
- Curriculum Specialist
- Test Administrator
- Head of Database and Data Management Sales
- Human Resources Organizational Management Associate
- Managing Director, Business Travel Sales
- Front Desk Agent
5. BAYADA Home Health Care
- Physical Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Director of Pharmacy
- Senior Product Consultant
- Loss Control Surveyor
- Premium Auditor
- SAT Prep Instructor
- LSAT Classroom and Tutoring Instructor
9. Anthem, Inc.
- Proposal Director/Writer
- Business Change Manager
- Senior Cyber Security Team Lead
- Software Engineer
Statistics that demonstrate the impact and growth in flexible work options:
- According to a forecast of employment trends by the World Economic Forum, work flexibility is one of the biggest drivers of transformation in the workplace.
- 75% of companies worldwide have introduced flexible working policies to enable employees to vary their hours and use the latest technologies to work remotely.
- 89% of employers worldwide believe flexible working helps their business grow.
- If every firm in the country adopted work flexibility, the economy could save about $15 billion annually.
- The number of people who say they’ve quit a job due to lack of flexibility has nearly doubled from 17% in 2014 to 32% in 2017.
- 53% of professionals work remotely at least half of the week—and increasingly, employers are embracing remote work and other flexible options.
For more information contact Kathy Gardner at email@example.com.
FlexJobs is the leading online service for professionals seeking telecommuting, flexible schedule, part-time, and freelance jobs. With flexible job listings in over 50 career categories, and opportunities ranging from entry-level to executive and freelance to full-time, FlexJobs offers job seekers a safe, easy, and efficient way to find professional and legitimate flexible job listings. Having helped over 3 million people in their job searches, FlexJobs has appeared on CNN and Marketplace Money and in TIME, Forbes, Fortune, and hundreds of other trusted media outlets. FlexJobs' founder and CEO Sara Sutton has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of remote working and work flexibility. Sutton is also the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote, and distributed teams.