“This has been a profound time for remote work, specifically, and flexible work more broadly. My team and I have been humbled and grateful to be able to provide support and resources for employers and job seekers alike,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) September 28, 2020
FlexJobs has seen a significant increase in people looking for remote and flexible jobs since the COVID-19 crisis began, as well as more companies hiring for remote positions. In fact, FlexJobs, which specializes in remote jobs, saw a 12% increase in remote job listings in August 2020 over July 2020, and previous pandemic months saw increases as well. FlexJobs has also seen an increase in the number of new companies recruiting remote workers, with a 10% increase in Q2 over Q1, and a 53% increase in new companies in Q3 over Q2.
To help job seekers find remote jobs, FlexJobs has identified the top companies hiring for the most remote jobs between March 1, 2020 and September 15, 2020. Amazon, Shopify, and UnitedHealth Group are among those with strong remote job hiring activity since the pandemic started.
Specifically, there’s been an increase of over 50% in remote jobs in the following career categories since March 1, 2020.
2. Customer Service
3. Accounting & Finance
4. Project Management
7. Mortgage & Real Estate
Many industries that were hit hard during the pandemic and experienced high job loss such as retail, travel/hospitality, and event planning translate well into the remote categories that are increasing, like customer service, project management, and sales.
“This has been a profound time for remote work, specifically, and flexible work more broadly. My team and I have been humbled and grateful to be able to provide support and resources for employers and job seekers alike,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs. “As more companies embrace remote work for the long-term, we predict that the remote job marketplace will continue to diversify and grow in opportunities for professionals across career levels and fields,” Sutton concluded.
These 50 companies represent various industries, such as computer/IT, education, finance, healthcare, HR & staffing, and sales.
The top 10 companies for the most number of remote job listings between March 1, 2020 and September 15, 2020 are below. They are ordered from highest to lowest for volume of job listings. For the full list of 50 companies, please visit URL.
1. Robert Half International
3. Kelly Services
7. UnitedHealth Group
9. Keywords Studios
Some of the most common remote job titles are accountant, bookkeeper, customer service representative, developer, teacher, writer, and virtual assistant. Some of the most common work-from-anywhere remote job titles (95% of remote jobs have a location requirement, so this represents the remaining 5% without a location requirement) are business development manager, copywriter, marketing manager, and product manager.
If given the choice, 65% of workers would prefer to work remotely full-time after the pandemic is over. 95% of people working remotely since the pandemic say their productivity has been higher or the same while working remotely compared to the traditional office, primarily because of quieter work environments, fewer interruptions from colleagues, and more control over their workplaces.
To learn more, visit https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/remote-friendly-companies-hiring-for-remote-jobs-pandemic/ or please contact Kathy Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FlexJobs is a premium online job service for professionals seeking flexible work, specializing in full-time and part-time remote jobs, employee and freelance jobs, and on-site jobs with flexible, part-time, and alternative schedules. Since its start in 2007, FlexJobs has helped more than 4 million people in their job searches and has created the largest vetted database of legitimate flexible job opportunities in over 50 career categories. In addition, FlexJobs provides robust career support, including curated expert resources and career coaching services, to partner with job seekers in all phases of their journey. A trusted source in the media, FlexJobs has been cited in top national outlets such as CNN, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNBC, Forbes, and many others. FlexJobs' Founder & CEO Sara Sutton has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of flexible work. Sutton is the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.