MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (PRWEB) November 20, 2021
About Wild Seafood Co.
Wild Seafood Co. of Madeira Beach, Florida has supplied fresh fish commercially on a national level since 2011. With a uniquely large focus on sustainable fishing, Wild Seafood Co. sources specialty fish like Amberjack, Lionfish, Cobia, and Mahi Mahi (depending on the weather, seasons & regulations). The bulk of fish caught and sold are Grouper and Snapper. Wild Seafood Co supplies roughly 35,000 pounds of Grouper and Snapper monthly throughout Florida and the U.S. This wholesale, producer position lends Wild Seafood Co. a huge advantage over their retail competition dependent on suppliers to provide their inventory. This is a two-fold advantage for Wild Seafood Co. They can get fish to the end-consumer faster, thus fresher, and do so with lower price points.
A Digital Delight
Wild Seafood Co traditionally has focused on selling seafood to commercial retailers such as groceries and restaurants.
Users may now browse the online shop and take their pick from an array of the company's freshest catches including groupers, snappers, specialty fish like Amberjack and Tilefish, plus shellfish including Stone Crab and Key West Pink Shrimp.
“With our new website launch, we've invested in the user experience for those less familiar with how a wholesale supplier sells seafood.”
- Jason Delacruz, Wild Seafood Co. Owner
Issues the new site helps overcome:
- Informing customers of the “whole fish” factor versus filleted fish.
- Listing fish at a per pound price based on the whole fish has previously created confusion. WildSeafoodMarket.com gives shoppers the ability to buy their fish whole, or have them filleted at no extra cost.
- Shipping fresh seafood is no easy task and must be done with single-use shipping coolers. This process is now streamlined and simplified for customers.
- Florida clients will see the most benefit here as they have the option for less expensive “ground shipping” opposed to “overnight shipping” which is required for out-of-state orders.
- For the market managers, the new sites inventory tracking system with Atom helps prevent overselling and creates a more simplified process for tracking the complex product levels.
Sustainable Fishing Focused
Adhering to sustainable fishing practices is a core value of Wild Seafood Co. In 2016, owner and founder Jason Delacruz was acknowledged by then President Barack Obama as a Champion of Change in Sustainable Seafood for his involvement with the Gulf Wild tracking tag system.
Every fresh fish purchased directly or indirectly (local grocery stores and restaurants) comes with a tracking number and scannable QR code that allows customers to trace the fish purchased from the boat it was caught to the dock landed, and to everywhere in-between before it's final landing place in the kitchen.