FALLS CHURCH, Va., June 4, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Nominations are now being accepted for the bi-annual Foodservice Packaging Awards competition to honor excellence and innovation in foodservice packaging. This year is the Foodservice Packaging Institute's and QSR magazine's 10th competition that awards winners in categories recognizing excellence and innovation.
In addition to the overall "Foodservice Package of the Year" designation, awards will be given in the following five categories:
- Excellence in Brand Delivery: For excellence in the use of graphics or graphic design elements on packaging to promote brand recognition.
- Excellence in New Menu Launch: For excellence in packaging that supports the launch of a new menu item.
- Innovation in Convenience: For innovative features that make packaging easier to use and / or more convenient for the consumer and/or foodservice workers.
- Innovation in Manufacturing: For raw material, machinery and / or converting innovations that enhance packaging.
- The "Wow" Factor: For packaging with that extra "wow" effect when consumers or foodservice operators use or see this item.
"As our industry continues to evolve and adapt to the needs of customers and consumers alike, it's exciting to see the impact on how foodservice packaging is designed," said Lynn Dyer, president of FPI. "Throughout the years, we've seen hundreds of submissions, and we look forward to seeing this year's nominations that reflect the current trends in our industry while showcasing innovation and excellence."
A panel of industry experts in design, merchandising, manufacturing and product stewardship will judge the entries. FPI will honor the winners during the association's Fall Conference, October 24 – 25 in Louisville, Kentucky. QSR will feature the results in its November 2019 issue.
The top winners from each category will be eligible to win the coveted award of "2019 Foodservice Package of the Year." Previous winners include Pan Pacific Manufacturing's Seal 2 Go tamper-evident carryout bags and PDQ's packaging suite that featured the company's color palette, messaging and graphics to tell its brand story.
Foodservice packaging manufacturers, their suppliers, foodservice operators, distributors, public relations firms and others are encouraged to enter the free competition by nominating themselves or others. Entry deadline is July 19. For more information and to submit entries, please visit QSR magazine's website.
ABOUT FPI: Founded in 1933, the Foodservice Packaging Institute is the trade association for the foodservice packaging industry in North America. FPI promotes the value and benefits of foodservice packaging and serves as the industry's leading authority to educate and influence stakeholders. Members include raw material and machinery suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and purchasers of foodservice packaging. For more information or to follow us on social media, visit http://www.FPI.org.
SOURCE Foodservice Packaging Institute