Tacoma, WA (PRWEB) November 13, 2013 -- Driven by evolving customer needs, General Plastics Manufacturing Company has revamped and extended its online presence. General Plastics has relaunched its PC-based site and built a brand-new site for mobile users. Inviting and intuitive, http://www.generalplastics.com puts robust, relevant information and functionality at users’ fingertips wherever they are, on any device, 24/7.
Beyond updates and additions, the main site was completely redesigned to make it easier to navigate and use.
“Engineers and design professionals are busy and need specific information quickly,” said General Plastics President Bruce Lind. “Our intent was to make their online interactions with us easy and productive by anticipating their needs and respecting their time. What’s more, it’s critical that our online and mobile presence reflect the quality of our company, our people and our solutions.”
The new website offers these additions to content, capabilities and resources, among others:
• Complete product offerings – including LAST-A-FOAM® flexible sheet stock series
• An enhanced product finder, easily accessed on every page from the main menu bar
• Ability to find products and applications by type of foam or market/industry
• Speedy sample request form for fabricated parts and market-specific sample kits
• Improved sitewide search capability
• A distributor search tool with essential information
• New Production Services section, addressing parts fabrication, machining, complex composites and customization services
• Expanded Testing and Quality Assurance capabilities section
• Robust Technical Resources pages, including case applications, detailed product knowledge, material data sheets, and certifications.
• An “Ask the Expert” tool
Dynamic responsive technology automatically senses whether a site user is accessing the site via a PC, smartphone or tablet device and responds accordingly. In addition, the PC-based website offers visitors their choice of 72 different languages, reflecting the company’s global customer base.
“Oftentimes, our customers need to access tools and resources on their smartphones or tablets while in the field,” Lind noted. “We have to meet them where they are, and provide what they need through the right mix of form and function.”
About General Plastics Manufacturing Company
Tacoma, Washington-based General Plastics has been a leading innovator in the plastics industry for more than 70 years. The company develops and manufactures rigid and flexible polyurethane foam products, which include its signature LAST-A-FOAM® brand series and build-to-print composite parts. Through its network of distributors, General Plastics exports products to 25-plus countries for the aerospace and defense, nuclear containment, composite core, prototype and modeling, construction, dimensional signage, testing, marine and renewable energy industries. General Plastics is certified to ISO 9001:2008/AS9100C and meets such demanding quality systems as NQA-1, Mil-I-45208A and Boeing Company D6-82479. Visit http://www.generalplastics.com.
Ed Stan, General Plastics Manufacturing Co., http://www.generalplastics.com, +1 (253) 473-5000, [email protected]