“COVID-19 has completely transformed healthcare and magnified the importance of greater collaboration, innovation and civic engagement. We have reinvented the GHXcellence Awards to annually recognize the importance of these values – not only during the past year, but for years to come.”
LOUISVILLE, Colo. (PRWEB) January 12, 2021
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) today announced it has opened nominations for the 2020 GHXcellence Awards. GHX has reinvented the GHXcellence Award program to better recognize provider and supplier organizations and individuals that have gone above and beyond to support patients and communities. The 2020 GHXcellence Award winners will be announced in late spring – details are forthcoming. Nominations can be submitted by or on behalf of any healthcare provider or supplier organization or individual, regardless of whether they are a GHX customer. Winners will be chosen by a selection committee including GHX executives and leading healthcare influencers including Nancy LeMaster, CEO, Nancy J LeMaster Consulting, Mike Schiller, senior director of supply chains for the Association for Health Care Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM), and Carol Stone, former vice president, Corporate Marketing, C.R. Bard and founding GHX board member.
“COVID-19 has completely transformed healthcare and magnified the importance of greater collaboration, innovation and civic engagement,” said Bruce Johnson, President and CEO, GHX. “We have reinvented the GHXcellence Awards to annually recognize the importance of these values – not only during the past year, but for years to come.”
The 2020 GHXcellence Awards include:
1. Organizational Awards
- Collaboration Award – This award recognizes provider and/or supplier organizations that valued and leveraged relationships with other organizations to support the needs of patients and communities by establishing coalitions, collaborations and partnerships within and/or outside their organization.
- Innovation Award – This award recognizes provider and/or supplier organizations that demonstrated unique ways of solving complex problems and exhibited the courage to drive new solutions forward.
- Community Impact Award – This award recognizes provider and/or supplier organizations that improved the health of the community in which they reside by forming coalitions with other business leaders to solve community health problems, support local businesses and provide motivating pathways to mentor and educate local talent.
- Supplier Customer Service Award – This award recognizes supplier organizations that provided outstanding service to provider customers, especially during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Only providers can nominate suppliers for this award.
2. Individual Awards
- Key Contributor Award – Chosen from within the winners of the GHXcellence Organization awards, this award recognizes individuals who made it possible for their organization to achieve success.
- Healthcare Heroes Award – Winner(s) of this award are individuals who are innovators, risk-takers, leaders and futurists. They exhibited the courage to challenge the status quo, explore new ideas and/or take chances, demonstrating measurable improvement in their aspect of healthcare and, ultimately, teaching us a better way to support patient care.
One or more winners may be recognized for each award category, based on nominations received and as determined by the selection committee. More information on nominations, including award criteria, and updates can be found at http://www.ghx.com/awards/ghxcellence/. Nominations will be accepted through March 19, 2021.
Building on decades of collaboration between providers, manufacturers, distributors and other industry stakeholders, Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is leading the charge in helping organizations run the new business of healthcare. By automating key business processes and translating evidence-based analytics and data into meaningful action, GHX is helping the healthcare ecosystem to move faster, operate more intelligently and achieve greater outcomes. With the support of GHX, healthcare organizations have removed billions of dollars of wasteful healthcare spend. For more information on GHX’s suite of world-class, cloud-based supply chain and pharmacy solutions, visit http://www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub. GHX has also launched a COVID-19 Information Center that provides a wealth of free resources and access to data and information needed to help serve patients and protect staff during the pandemic.