BOSTON (PRWEB) February 19, 2021
GID has achieved the prestigious recognition of the Residential Americas Regional Sector Leader and Non-listed Sector Leader by achieving 1st place in the U.S. Residential, Multi-Family Core Non-Listed category of the 2020 GRESB Real Estate Benchmark.
The GRESB Sector Leader Awards Program recognizes real estate and infrastructure companies, funds and assets that have demonstrated outstanding leadership in sustainability and ESG. GRESB data is used by hundreds of capital providers and thousands of asset managers to benchmark investments across portfolios and understand the opportunities, risks and choices that need to be made as the industry transitions to a more sustainable future. The benchmark in 2020 covered more than US $5.3 trillion AUM, giving clarity and direction to the real asset investment market to address complex sustainability challenges.
“GID is committed to making progress with its ESG platform and by achieving this prestigious #1 ranking with GRESB we are confident that our efforts are moving us in the right direction,” said GID President and CEO Greg Bates. “Innovation remains a key pillar of our ESG program. GID will continue to explore and implement new technologies that work towards reducing our environmental footprint while creating economic value through superior real estate operations.”
For the fourth consecutive year, GID has been recognized as a leader in sustainability by again achieving a GRESB Green Star, demonstrating continued excellence in ESG management and implementation. Since 2016, GID has implemented a broad array of ESG measures across all areas of the company in support of their mission to leverage its investment, development, and management expertise to enhance the communities in which it invests, lives and operates.
GID’s 2019 achievements include:
- Progressed towards 2027 targets with a 1.4% reduction in Energy Use Intensity, a 3.8% reduction in Water Use Intensity, a 1.6% reduction in GHG Emissions Intensity, and a 27.9% waste diversion rate.
- Continued LED lighting retrofit program at 11 properties, projected to save 2295 MWh of energy annually, the equivalent of 187 residential home’s energy use each year.
- Achieved 12 ENERGY STAR certifications to recognize our highest performing assets.
- Installed smart irrigation systems at 5 properties across the portfolio, reducing outdoor water use by over 60% through smart irrigation systems.
- Tracked whole building energy data for 53 properties or 70% of our portfolio by floor area.
- Continued Diversity and Inclusion Internship program for underrepresented candidates to prepare themselves for a career in the real estate industry.
- Recognized by the Center for Active Design and Fitwel for the highest score in the Multifamily Residential v2.1 Category for our first Fitwel certification at Element 47 in Denver.
To learn more about GID’s long-term sustainability program and to view the 2019 Sustainability Report, please visit https://gid.com/esg/reporting/
GID is a privately held and fully integrated real estate company that develops, owns, and operates a premier portfolio of multi-family, industrial, and mixed-use development space. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, GID is an experienced real estate private equity investor and fund manager supported by a vertically-integrated operating platform and has deep expertise across multiple asset classes. GID’s existing and under-development properties are valued at $19 billion.
During its 60-year history, GID has acquired or developed over 79,000 residential units and 16.8 million square feet of commercial space in twenty-four states. The current portfolio includes 37,000 residential units and 5.5 million square feet of commercial space. GID’s development activities include more than 9,000 units and 2.5 million square feet of commercial space currently under construction or in the pipeline. More information is available at gid.com.