FREDERICK, Md., Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Non-Profit organization The Golden Mile Alliance, is proud to announce and welcome Dena Whiten as their new Operations Coordinator. Dena has been a Frederick resident for over 30 years. She will be responsible for managing and supporting special events, fundraising, keeper of social media platforms and provide operations and administrative support to the organization and its non-profit board of directors.
Dena is a senior-level professional with a 20+ year career delivering high-quality event and customer service experiences in event planning for trade shows/conventions and non-profits, administrative duties, top notch customer service to clients, communications, and successful fundraising skills. She pays close attention to detail and has scaled her skills to meet the needs of many small and complex large events and juggled multiple complex tasks in fast-paced settings daily.
Dena's volunteer leadership and service includes:
- Chairperson for "Kids with Happy Feet" under the national Shoes that Fit Nonprofit organization for two local elementary schools in Frederick.
- Steward Board Member, Church Admin, Church School Superintendent, and Choir Director at Wayman AME Church
- Member of IMPACT Club of Frederick, MD
- Co-Chair, Admin, City/County All Star Game and Athletic Scholarship Banquet for the Frederick Coaches Association
- Admin Assistant: Graphics, Communications, Team Scheduling, Summer Basketball Camp and Breast/Sarcoma Cancer Fundraisers for Tuscarora High School Boys Basketball Program
- Recipient in 2020 of The National Association of Negro Business AND Professional Women's Clubs, Inc. Outstanding Community Service Award
About the Golden Mile Alliance
The Golden Mile Alliance's mission is to drive the Golden Mile area to be a welcoming, economically strong, and desirable commercial and residential community.
The GMA achieves its mission through their economic development activities to support the Golden Mile businesses and residential communities so they can continue to thrive. From top-notch businesses and offices to family-friendly neighborhoods and parks, their goal is to highlight and support the great purpose the Golden Mile holds for our city.
Their vision is that the Golden Mile is a vibrant, diverse, and accessible premier destination for shopping, dining, living, recreation, and commerce in Frederick.
For volunteer opportunities and more information on the Golden Mile Alliance, go to http://www.goldenmilealliance.org.
Dena Whiten, The Golden Mile Alliance, 240-600-1925, [email protected]
SOURCE The Golden Mile Alliance