MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) May 11, 2020
Hosted by women shareholders from across Greenberg Traurig, the six-episode series focuses on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting U.S. agribusiness. The Women in Agribusiness’ website will feature the series.
“We are proud of our continued collaboration with Women in Agribusiness and the videos we have produced for this series,” said Arleen Nand, a shareholder in Greenberg Traurig’s Minneapolis office, chair of the firm’s Global Agribusiness Practice, and an Advisory Board member of Women in Agribusiness. “This project exemplifies the multi-faceted representation and depth of industry experience we have within our Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Practice.”
“This strategic partnership with Greenberg Traurig will help our members stay informed of those industry issues they care most about during COVID-19,” said Joy O’Shaughnessy, COO, Agribusiness, HighQuest Partners.
Episodes and Greenberg Traurig hosts include:
- “Leading During a Crisis,” hosted by Shareholder Mary-Olga Lovett, Senior Vice President; Co-Regional Operating Shareholder of the firm’s Texas offices (Houston)
- “CARES ACT – Stimulus Package Details for Businesses,” hosted by Shareholder Lee Ann Anderson (Washington D.C. & New York)
- “Navigating Corporate Financial Distress During the Pandemic,” hosted by Shareholder Alison Elko Franklin (Atlanta)
- “COVID-19 - What Employers Need to Know Now,” hosted by Shareholder Kelly Dobbs Bunting, Co-Chair of Labor & Employment Practice’s Workforce Compliance & Regulatory Enforcement Group (Philadelphia)
- “Impact of COVID-19 on the Supply Chain: Preparing Now for Commercial Disputes,” hosted by Shareholder Libretta Stennes (Minneapolis)
- “Environmental Obligations During the COVID-19 Pandemic,” hosted by Shareholder Bernadette Rappold (Washington D.C.)
Greenberg Traurig’s Agribusiness Group—part of the Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Practice—brings together attorneys across the firm who provide advice to clients in the areas of finance, restructuring, M&A, joint venture, real estate, land use, intellectual property protection, national and international tax services, regulatory, and litigation. The team represents financial institutions and large corporations on a diverse array of high-value commercial transactions connected to agribusiness. The group represents clients in varied industries, including hedge funds, private equity firms, cooperatives, agricultural development banks, producers, wineries, agritechnology companies, farms, and soil and timber companies.
Women in Agribusiness, according to its website, is an international community of women who are passionate about agribusiness and dedicated to the sharing of business knowledge. The Women in Agribusiness Annual Summit presents on the industry’s latest trends and innovations while providing networking opportunities to help women excel in the sector.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Practice: Greenberg Traurig's Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Practice lawyers leverage their deep experience representing the most significant participants in the food, beverage, agribusiness, dietary supplement, and personal care products industries. The Agribusiness team is globally ranked in Chambers & Partners, and Law360 has named us a “Food & Beverage Practice Group of the Year,” with one of its team members being recognized as a Law360 MVP for Food & Beverage. The group represents clients on a broad range of matters in the sector, including those involving agrotech, environmental, finance, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, M&A, real estate, regulatory, restructuring and tax matters.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.