MIAMI (PRWEB) March 13, 2020
Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A., elevated nine Florida attorneys to shareholder in its Miami and West Palm Beach offices: Charles J. Abrams, Evelyn Cobos, James E. Gillenwater, Robert R. Kane III, William E. Keenen, Michael J. Larson, Ari Newman, Andrew C. Sharpe, and Jay A. Yagoda. The firm elevated five attorneys to of counsel in the Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa offices: Benjamin Babcock, Jared S. Baumwell, Ryan T. Hopper, Corinne Miller LaGosh, Vishesh Narayen, and Melissa López Rogers.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig elevated 44 attorneys to shareholder and 34 to of counsel and counsel. The new shareholders span 22 offices and 13 practice areas and more than one half are women, ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ+ attorneys. The new of counsels and counsels represent 18 offices and 11 areas of law, and nearly 40 percent are women, ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ+.
The firm also reported a sixth consecutive year of record revenue in 2019, more than USD $1.64 Billion.
“We are proud of the outstanding achievements of the 2020 class and their dedication to making sure that Greenberg Traurig continues to provide its clients with the high-quality service they trust us to deliver,” said Senior Chairman Matthew B. Gorson. “We look forward to supporting these individuals as they continue to develop in their careers and become leaders in the industry.”
- Charles J. Abrams is a member of the Real Estate Practice in the West Palm Beach office. He advises developers, owners and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, leases, easements, covenants, closing documentation, and acquisition and construction financings.
- Evelyn Cobos is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Miami office. She represents clients in various courts and arbitral forums on a variety of matters including commercial disputes, contract and tort claims, consumer products, and insurance coverage, obtaining resolutions that meet client objectives.
- James E. Gillenwater is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Miami office. He has represented clients such as Fortune 500 companies, world leaders, and Olympians in high-stakes international disputes, including trials, arbitrations, and complex internal investigations.
- Robert R. Kane III is a member of the Litigation Practice in the West Palm Beach office. He focuses his practice on general litigation matters, including complex commercial litigation, construction defects, and products liability. Kane also represents real estate developers, commercial property owners, individuals, and businesses in contract issues, regulatory claims, and employment disputes.
- William E. Keenen is a member of the Private Wealth Services Practice in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on trust and estate matters, particularly estate planning for high-net-worth individuals and their families. He also advises clients in connection with probate and trust administration, nuptial agreements, and business succession planning.
- Michael J. Larson is a member of the Real Estate Practice in the Miami office. He represents public and private real estate companies, institutional investors, and developers in a broad range of local and national commercial real estate transactions.
- Ari Newman is a member of the Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice in the Miami office. He has experience handling complex legal issues that arise in business reorganizations, liquidations, distressed asset acquisition and sales, financial restructurings, and adversary proceeding litigation.
- Andrew C. Sharpe is a member of the Real Estate Practice in the Miami office. His practice focuses on representing developers in all aspects of condominium, mixed use, and planned developments.
- Jay A. Yagoda is a member of the Litigation and Appellate Practices in the Miami office. He focuses his practice on appellate matters and litigation support in state and federal courts nationally.
- Benjamin Babcock is a member of the Private Wealth Services Practice in the Fort Lauderdale office. He primarily focuses his practice on tax-oriented estate planning, including pre-immigration planning and planning for non-resident aliens, probate and trust administration, and business succession planning for high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Jared S. Baumwell is a member of the Private Wealth Services Practice in the Fort Lauderdale office. He focuses on tax-oriented estate planning, probate and trust administration, and business succession planning for high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Ryan T. Hopper is a member of the Litigation Practice in the Tampa office. He represents clients in environmental, business, and white-collar matters, focusing on high-profile toxic tort, real estate, and trade secrets disputes.
- Corinne Miller LaGosh is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice in the Orlando office. She focuses her practice on intellectual property matters, with an emphasis on patent prosecution and litigation.
- Vishesh Narayen is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice in the Tampa office. He focuses his practice on complex intellectual property litigation, including data privacy and cybersecurity litigation, with an emphasis on high-stakes patent infringement litigation, trade secret matters, and litigation involving cutting-edge technology.
- Melissa López Rogers is a member of the Orlando and Atlanta Public Finance & Infrastructure Practice where she focuses on disclosure and municipal securities issues, economic development, and public-private partnerships.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.