"Having the sort of success in my career and being a partner and doing the things that I’m doing, I’m showing other folks, who are coming up in their careers, that it is possible, that there is someone who looks like you and has a similar background achieving these things,” Davis said in the article
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) February 26, 2020
Michael H. Davis, a real estate shareholder in the Los Angeles office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, was featured in a Bisnow article titled “24 Black Executives Shaping Commercial Real Estate.” Davis is a member of Greenberg Traurig African American Inclusion Network (GAIN) and is co-chair of GAIN’s recruitment and retention committee.
"Having the sort of success in my career and being a partner and doing the things that I’m doing, I’m showing other folks, who are coming up in their careers, that it is possible, that there is someone who looks like you and has a similar background achieving these things,” Davis said in the article.
Davis represents real estate funds, REITs, institutional and non-institutional real estate investors, developers, operators, and financial institutions in a broad range of matters, commercial leasing, forming and representing joint ventures and negotiating joint venture agreements, and acquisitions and dispositions of a variety of real estate asset classes.
In his work with clients, Davis has:
- Represented a real estate advisor group in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financing and development of student housing, seniors housing, self-storage and medical office portfolios and individual assets across the United States, including recapitalizations of two large medical office portfolios, a preferred equity investment in portfolio of student housing properties, and its $800 million acquisition of a public REIT.
- Represented a bank in connection with term, construction and syndicated loans secured by real property along various asset types including hotel, retail, industrial and apartment projects across the United States.
- Represented a hotels and resort entity in connection with its $363 million acquisition of a hotel in Laguna Beach.
- Represent a debt fund in connection with various construction and bridge financings across the United States, including loans for the development of industrial, timeshare, condominium, hotel and resort projects in Hawaii, South Carolina and California.
- Represented a family office in connection with a lease to a franchisee of a national restaurant chain.
- Represented a family office in connection with a lease of roughly 400,000 square feet of space to an industrial tenant.
- Represented a charter school developer in connection with the ground leasing, financing, and construction of a charter school in Los Angeles.
- Represented an individual client in connection with an acquisition of valued at approximately $100,000,000 of a pool of participation interests in mezzanine construction loans.
- Represented a large private equity joint venture in connection with a refinancing of approximately $400,000,000 of a medical office portfolio.
About Greenberg Traurig's Real Estate Practice: The Greenberg Traurig Real Estate Practice is a cornerstone of the firm and recognized leader in the industry. The firm’s real estate attorneys deliver diversified and comprehensive counsel for property acquisition and investment, development, management and leasing, financing, restructuring, and disposition of all asset classes of real estate. The team draws upon the knowledge and experience of more than 400 real estate lawyers from around the world, serving clients from key markets in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia. The group’s clientele includes a broad range of property developers, lenders, investment managers, private equity funds, REITs, and private owners. The firm’s real estate team advises clients on a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of commercial, recreational, and residential real estate, including structured equity and debt and the hybrids.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.