Greenberg Traurig has held a number of virtual meet and greets with candidates for the various city races. It’s provided the opportunity for clients to get to know each candidate, ask questions, and learn about their campaign priorities and plans for New York City.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 08, 2021
The global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP New York City Government Law & Policy Practice has been named in the top ten on City & State’s 2021 Top 50 NYC Lobbyists list.
According to City & State, the list is “made up of the city’s top 50 lobbying firms, as measured by 2020 lobbying compensation figures compiled by the Office of the New York City Clerk.”
In City & State’s Top 50 NYC Lobbyists list profile of Greenberg Traurig’s New York City Government Law & Policy Practice, the team shed light on the firm’s adaptability during the pandemic: “We maintained our focus on federal legislative proposals for economic stimulus packages directed at states and localities.” They also noted the benefit of daily videoconferencing and innovated a program hosting more than 15 meet and greets with mayoral and other high-profile candidates for clients, colleagues, and friends of the firm.
“Greenberg Traurig has held a number of virtual meet and greets with candidates for the various city races. It’s provided the opportunity for clients to get to know each candidate, ask questions, and learn about their campaign priorities and plans for New York City.”
Greenberg Traurig’s New York Government Law & Policy Practice based in New York City and Albany, is one of the leading government relations teams in both the City and the State. The New York City team includes:
- Ed Wallace, New York Co-Chair and founder of the New York City Government Law & Policy Practice; previously served as City Council Member-at-Large (Manhattan) and then Chief of Staff to the New York City Council President.
- John Mascialino, Chair of the New York City Government Law & Policy Practice; former First Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Citywide Administrative Services . He was also Counsel/Deputy Chief of Staff for the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Operations.
- Bob Harding, Shareholder; former NYC Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Finance and Director of the Office of Management and Budget.
- Jonathan Bing, Shareholder; former New York State Assemblyman, elected to five terms representing the East Side of Manhattan.
- Larry Levy, Shareholder; served three New York City Mayors as Special Counsel and Inspector General of the City’s Law Department and Office of the Mayor.
- William Mack, Shareholder; former Director of the Executive Secretariat in the office of the U.S. Trade Representative and served as a Deputy Associate Counsel at the White House.
- Samir NeJame, Chair of the New York State Government Law & Policy Practice; former corporation counsel for one of New York’s big five cities.
- Mark Weprin, Shareholder; former New York City Council Member where he chaired the sub-committee on Zoning and Franchises of the Land Use Committee and former New York State Assemblyman.
- Julia Rogawski, Of Counsel who focuses her practice on major government contracts, government affairs and administrative law
India Sneed, Associate; former Chief of Staff to the 41st District Council Member; former Assistant District Attorney for Kings County.
- Roy Mogilanski, Director; former Executive Director of the Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration.
- Ellen Gustafson, Assistant Director; served as Director of Operations for former New York City Council Member Dan Garodnick’s office.
- Farley Pierre-Louis, Paralegal; former Peer Educator, Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence.
The team is also comprised of lawyers from other disciplines including:
- Glenn Newman, Tax Shareholder; Previous chair of the State and Local Tax Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- Steve Russo, Chair of the Greenberg Traurig’s New York Environmental Practice; former Chief Legal Officer of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Michael Berlin, head of Greenberg Traurig’s State Attorneys General Practice; Served former New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo as Deputy Attorney General for Economic Justice and as Special Counsel to the Attorney General.
- Jay Segal, Chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Land Use Practice.
- Deirdre Carson, Shareholder; represents developers, real estate investors and educational institutions in land use zoning matters. He has wide-ranging knowledge of all aspects of New York City land use law.
- Nick Hockens; Shareholder, Land Use Practice. He represents developers, institutions and non-profit organizations before the New York City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, and Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Dan Egers, Of Counsel, Land Use Practice.
- Allison Curreri, Associate, Land Use Practice.
- Jessica Rubenstein, Associate, Land Use Practice.
Greenberg Traurig’s Government Law & Policy Practice combines the capabilities of our Federal Practice in Washington D.C. with our state and local practices across the country. This integrated team works together to provide clients with seamless representation in any forum – before the U.S. Congress and executive agencies, as well as state and local government entities.
About Greenberg Traurig's Government Law & Policy Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s Government Law & Policy Practice combines the capabilities of its federal team in Washington, D.C., with the firm's state and local practices across the country to advocate for the interests of our clients at various levels of government. Our national network of government relations professionals covers more than 9 offices in major political and commercial capitals throughout the United States, including: Albany, Austin, Denver, Las Vegas, New York City, Philadelphia, Sacramento, Tallahassee, and Washington, D.C.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT), has approximately 2200 attorneys in 40 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. The firm is net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage and Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certified. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com