NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 13, 2019
For the sixth consecutive year, the house band of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, The Meltones, won the annual Law Rocks NYC battle of the bands, Wednesday, Nov. 6 at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City. Now in its seventh year, Law Rocks promotes music education for underprivileged youth and raises money for local nonprofit organizations.
With Greenberg Traurig’s support, The Meltones raised more than $50,000 in donations for Brooklyn Community Services, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering children, youth, adults and families to overcome the obstacles they face.
The winning band was selected based on sponsorship dollars raised, ticket sales, donations raised, and judges’ score. The event raised more than $150,000 for 10 different charities. Greenberg Traurig was a sponsor of the event.
The Meltones include:
- On guitar – New York Managing Shareholder Stephen L. Rabinowitz, Miami Real Estate Shareholder Burt Bruton, and Philadelphia Health Care & FDA Shareholder Mark L. Mattioli
- On keyboard - Albany Government Law & Policy Shareholder Christopher A. Cernik
- On trombone - Amsterdam Corporate Shareholder Thédoor Melchers
- On vocals - New York Litigation Associate Ashley LeBlanc, New York Litigation Of Counsel Sylvia Simson, Practice Development Coordinator Tracy Newirth, and the Atlanta office Business Director, Tony Hatchett
- On drums - New York IT Specialist, Jim Mussen
- On saxophone - Special guest Rick Rourke
The Meltones, named after a firm founder, Mel Greenberg, has been the Greenberg Traurig “house band” since the mid-1980s.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,100 attorneys in 41 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2018 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com; Twitter: @GT_Law.