The emergence and continued acceleration of remote recruitment, accurate skills assessment, and hiring promises to transform an already dynamic HR technology industry, and specifically for developer and IT roles, creates a significant runway for continued opportunity in the US market and beyond.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) September 10, 2020
HackerEarth, a leading developer assessment and interview solutions provider, today announced its milestones from 2019 - 2020, during which it brought on new enterprise clients and doubled its registered customer base. In a competitive market, HackerEarth’s traction with enterprises, as well as millions of developers signals a strong demand for accurate developer screening based on measurable skills, and solutions for developers to improve their coding skills.
The context for this growth includes an ever-increasing shift towards digital transformation and digital solutions. In order to stay competitive, all companies must adopt a tech-first mentality, and this is true for businesses in the HR and talent recruiting industry. As such, there’s an increased need and opportunity for software and solutions that enable more efficient and accurate candidate screening to ensure those with the best skills are matched with the right opportunities.
HackerEarth’s AI-powered developer assessment platform enables companies to make the most informed and objective decisions whether or not to move candidates from screening to the interview phase. The overarching platform benefit is improved efficiency in developer recruiting and ensuring companies are matched with the right developer talent for the right opportunity. For developers looking to hone their skills, HackerEarth provides a solution to practice for coding interviews, compete in coding contests, and solve real-world challenges through hackathons.
“We are obviously operating in unprecedented times, but the development of new software and tech-based solutions will continue to be the core driving force of business digital transformation and competitiveness post-COVID-19 — and highly sought after developer talent is critical in driving this innovation,” said Sachin Gupta, CEO of HackerEarth. “The emergence and continued acceleration of remote recruitment, accurate skills assessment, and hiring promises to transform an already dynamic HR technology industry, and specifically for developer and IT roles, creates a significant runway for continued opportunity in the US market and beyond.”
2019 - 2020 highlights include:
- Grew its customer base by 120%
- Surpassed 4 million members in the global online developer community, currently at 4.5M
- Over 400 Hackathons hosted (including COVID19 hackathon - HackCovid) with a total of over 30,000 participants from around the world
- 5570 coding contests completed with 343,789 participants globally
- Over 2.1 million assessments were run on the HackerEarth platform in the last one year alone
Revenue and Funding
- Achieved 100% revenue growth in the US
- Closed a $6.5 million Series B funding round led by the family office of Jo Hirao and participation from existing investors.
- Anti-bias feature - This feature helps hide any personally identifiable information (PII) like name, gender email addresses, and phone numbers, etc. At HackerEarth, you have the option to mask information like gender, email address, job title, etc. and use aliases instead of actual names to reduce unconscious bias.
- Test creation from the job description - This feature reduces the effort and time that goes into creating an assessment by directly allowing you to upload the job description onto the platform. The skills and years of experience will automatically be picked up from the JD to create a relevant test.
- Test creation from job role - Recruiters will be able to create tests from 11 pre-defined job roles like full stack developer, front-end-developer, back-end-developer, Data Scientist, Data Engineer, and others
- Interview Transcripts - HackerEarth’s video interview platform supports transcription. This feature converts speech to text and also highlights important information helping hiring managers make more informed objective decisions.
Key Partnerships and Projects
- Onboarded 7ATSs - Bullhorn, Greenhouse, iCIMS, SAP SuccessFactors, Workable, JazzHR and Jobvite
- Community partners - CodeTenderloin, Erase Child Trafficking, Wonder Women Tech, Stemettes, United States Department of Homeland Security, etc.
- Released 2020 Developer Survey Report
- Released 2018 Women in Tech Report
- Appointed Ram Gupta on the Board of Directors
- Added 4 senior executives - Vishwastam Shukla (VP of Engineering), Ruchi Sarna (Senior Director - Customer Success), Alfred Alexander (VP Marketing) and Tarun Kumar Mallappa (VP Finance)
- Grew to 160 employees globally
- Listed in the top 100 Software Companies by G2 and the Top 50 HR software as well for 2020
- Certified as one of the best companies to work for in 2020 by Great Place to Work
HackerEarth is a global company that helps large enterprises evaluate developers based on specific skills. The company’s platform enables recruiters and hiring managers to make the most accurate and informed decisions about candidates, improve hiring efficiencies and ensure the right developers are matched with the right positions. HackerEarth is also a leading facilitator of online hackathons and coding challenges, where its community of 4 million developers can upskill and practice for employment interviews. The company was founded in 2012 with offices in San Francisco and India. For more information, visit http://www.hackerearth.com.