"Rather than a fruit basket, consider a grilling basket. Whether it's for a friend or loved one who is new to grilling, or for the pit master in your life, a backyard barbecue-related gift will always bring a smile." - Emily McGee, Senior Director of HPBA.
ARLINGTON, Va. (PRWEB) December 04, 2019
Holiday shopping for a food lover can be fairly easy, considering the options. But, to spark creativity and inspiration for year-round deliciousness, Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) suggests instead giving the gift of grilling this season.
"Instead of a cheese log, think smoker box. Rather than a fruit basket, consider a grilling basket," said Emily McGee, Senior Director of HPBA. "Whether it's for a friend or loved one who is new to grilling, or for the pit master in your life, a backyard barbecue-related gift will always bring a smile, and maybe even an invite to their next cook-out."
HPBA shared its 2019 holiday gift recommendations for all types of grillers:
For First Time Grillers
If a gift giver wants to go big for a loved one (or family member) just getting started in their grilling game, the ideal type of grill depends on the gift getter's personality and lifestyle.
- Gas grills are a versatile choice that are great for cooking dinner, hosting cookouts and experimenting with new recipes.
- Charcoal grills require a bit more time and attention to achieve the right temperature but add a unique flavor and provide an intimate grilling experience.
- Electric grills are ideal for apartment or condo dwellers because they produce constant heat without an open flame and require no charcoal or propane.
- Portable grills make excellent gifts for tailgaters, campers and explorers who enjoy grilling on the go.
- Smokers are great for those who enjoy exploring new flavors and taking time to perfect their cuisine.
For Classic Grillers
For gift recipients who already have a grill, HPBA suggest these gifts to expand their repertoire with new tools and gadgets.
- Skillets and griddles open endless opportunities to grill desserts, breakfast dishes and more.
- Grilling baskets make it easy to grill kebabs, fish, vegetables and side dishes.
- A meat tenderizer helps achieve the perfect texture.
- A poultry roaster makes it easy to cook a whole chicken in the most optimal, upright position.
- Smoker boxes make it possible for gas grill owners to achieve a smoky flavor.
- Various smoker chips allow them to experiment with different flavors.
For Pit Masters
If the gift recipient has already mastered the basics and are ready for the big leagues, HPBA suggests fueling their creativity with these next-level accessories.
- Outdoor pizza oven or grill kit to open the world of flame-cooked pizza.
- Bluetooth clip-on grill light that will increase their visibility in the dark while jamming out to their favorite tunes.
- High-quality knife set so they can slice and present their dishes with precision.
- Grilling wok to help them explore and perfect world flavors.
- Motorized rotisserie kit to help them reach a new level of slow-roasted perfection.
About the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA)
The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA), based in Arlington, Va., is the North American industry association for manufacturers, retailers, distributors, representatives, service firms and allied associates for all types of barbecue, patio and hearth appliances, fuels and accessories. The association provides professional member services and industry support in education, statistics, government relations, marketing, advertising and consumer education.