ATLANTA (PRWEB) November 01, 2018
In an announcement timed to coincide with the upcoming Veterans Day holiday on November 11, Hire Heroes USA today stressed that veteran unemployment and underemployment remain key issues in the United States, despite low national unemployment rates.
Today, the national nonprofit launched its 11 Reasons fundraising and awareness campaign that highlights just some of the thousands of stories shared by the men and women who seek its free employment services each year. Campaign donations will support Hire Heroes USA’s mission to empower transitioning military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce.
“On Veterans Day, we honor and recognize everyone who has taken the oath to protect and defend this country, by serving in the U.S. Armed Forces,” said Hire Heroes USA CEO Christopher Plamp, a retired Air Force combat pilot. “Once these men and women leave the service, it’s up to us, as Americans, to ensure that they can provide for themselves and their families. Securing a job in the civilian workforce is the first step.”
The nonprofit will host a series of events and initiatives between now and November 12, when Veterans Day will be observed as a federal holiday:
- Virtual Career Events for Veterans – Hire Heroes USA is holding a Virtual Career Fair that features a variety of job opportunities offered by more than 30 employers. It also has a Virtual Federal Career Transition Workshop set for November 6 that will provide veterans, military spouses and transitioning military members with expert guidance on navigating a federal job search. Registration is still open.
- American Patriots Gala - On November 2, Hire Heroes USA welcomes Medal of Honor Recipient Kyle Carpenter as the keynote speaker at its 2nd Annual American Patriots Gala in the Atlanta metro. The organization’s Founder’s Award will be presented to Zac Brown and the Pacesetter Award will be presented to Thomas Meyer. Awards will also be given to three volunteer mentors for their work to support veterans.
- Corporate Partnerships for Veterans - Pilot Flying J will partner with Hire Heroes USA to host a Career Panel and Networking Event that is open to service members, veterans and military spouses on November 8. The veteran-founded company will join forces with Hire Heroes USA to provide a career and search-focused panel discussion, as well as the opportunity to network with Pilot Flying J and other local companies.
- For the second year in a row, Siemens provided support to Hire Heroes USA in honor of Veterans Day. This year, Siemens Mobility, Inc. is working with the nonprofit to help more veterans access opportunities within the transportation industry.
- VetsAid Concert - Hire Heroes USA was selected again this year as one of the charity partners of the VetsAid concert, which takes place on Veterans Day and will be headlined by Grammy award-winning musician Joe Walsh. This year’s event, which takes place in Tacoma, Washington, will include performances by Don Henley, James Taylor, Chris Stapleton, Haim, and a special appearance by Ringo Starr. Proceeds will benefit the mission of Hire Heroes USA, among other veterans service organizations.
Hire Heroes USA, which is now in its 11th year, provides free employment services to transitioning military, veterans and military spouses across the United States and around the world. Those services include resume, networking and interview assistance, online workshops and training modules, job matching, and a job board that averages 15,000 listings each month.
About Hire Heroes USA:
Hire Heroes USA is the leading veteran service organization specifically targeting the issues of underemployment and unemployment among veterans. Hire Heroes USA has earned Charity Navigator’s highest possible 4-star rating for a third consecutive year and it also has a GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency. Funding for the nonprofit’s services is exclusively through private grants and public donations. For more information about our mission, services and how to get involved as a corporate partner, employment partner, donor or volunteer, visit hireheroesusa.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.