“Implementing exterior insulation seems to always be an uphill battle and finding smart easy ways to attach the cladding through 3 inches of exterior insulation like this is rare." – Tal Schori, Cofounder of GRT Architects.
VANCOUVER, B.C. (PRWEB) November 08, 2022
Longboard Architectural Products Inc. (“Longboard,” or “the Company”), a global leader in manufacturing premium interior and exterior architectural products, today announced their new HITCH™ cladding attachment system has been selected as the winner of the 2022 Architect's Newspaper Best of Products award. The HITCH™ system can accommodate continuous exterior insulation thicknesses between 1” and 16” which makes it suitable for use in all Passive House and ASHRAE climate zones across North America.
HITCH™ has received the advanced component certification seal from the Passive House Institute in Germany, considered to be the world’s most ambitious energy efficiency seal. Certified Passive House components are typically two to three times more efficient than the corresponding commonly used products. This high level of efficiency is critical to achieving the Passive House Standard.
The HITCH™ system features:
- Premium construction, durably designed for a service life of over 50yrs
- High tensile aluminum, stainless & galvalume steel for improved structural performance
- Built to be a modular, adaptable system, telescopically adjustable up to 1”
- Supports vertical, horizontal, and angled girt designs, and one- or two-layer girt assemblies
- High structural capacity for heavy cladding loads up to 15psf under high wind load and seismic conditions
- Accommodates continuous exterior insulation between 1” – 16” thick for >R60 walls
- Thermally broken attachment system with high thermal efficiency of more than 90%
- Cost effective, quick to install, and designed to be used on various types of building structures including masonry, concrete, wood and steel stud
- Independently certified by the Passive House Institute as an Advanced Component Façade Anchor for the Cool, Temperate Climate Zones
“Implementing exterior insulation seems to always be an uphill battle and finding smart easy ways to attach the cladding through 3 inches of exterior insulation like this is rare. I also appreciate the Passive House certification,” said Tal Schori, Cofounder of GRT Architects.
"Longboard is known as the gold standard of exterior cladding and interior design products, but we pay close attention when our industry has a need for a better solution in other areas," said Mike Heppell, Owner and President of Longboard. "The HITCH™ system was designed from the ground up by our Product Innovation team to solve several problems: 1) to improve thermal efficiency and reduce carbon emissions, 2) to make an easy to use and cost-effective attachment system for buildings, and 3) to reduce future waste by simplifying the recladding process. With HITCH™, installers can simply remove the old cladding and affix new cladding in a snap."
Read more about the award in The Architect's Newspaper: https://issuu.com/archpaper/docs/bop_2022
The HITCH™ system is available for order from Longboard. For more information, visit https://www.longboardproducts.com/.
About Longboard Architectural Products Inc.
Longboard® Architectural Products provides the design and construction community with inspiring architectural products for thoughtful spaces. Founded in 2005, Longboard manufactures top-quality extruded aluminum profiles that are offered in a variety of solid color and woodgrain powder-coated finishes for interior and exterior spaces.
Longboard's goal is to drive product innovation and excellence, provide radical client care and industry-best lead times, and advance sustainability in construction by creating products that reduce carbon emissions over their life cycle. Longboard is ICC ESR-4183 and ESR-4184 certified, manufactures in North America, and is headquartered in British Columbia, Canada.
About The Architect’s Newspaper
The Architect’s Newspaper serves up news and inside reports to a niche community of architects, designers, engineers, landscape architects, lighting designers, interior designers, academics, developers, contractors, and other parties interested in the built urban environment. The Architect’s Newspaper delivers quality news and cultural reporting through print, web, newsletter, or Twitter.