NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 26, 2020
HomeoLux™, a health and technology company that designs wellness products based on cutting-edge scientific research, joins millions across the globe in honoring National Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month. Throughout June activities surrounding disease education, fundraising events, and joining in the conversation help to honor those living with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers. With a singular focus on bringing hope and help to families battling cognitive decline, HomeoLux invites families to participate in the fight against the disease that affects 50 million people worldwide with no known cure.
For families battling the devastation of Alzheimer’s and other dementias, whether a caregiver or someone who suffers from cognitive decline, help cannot come soon enough. Here are just a few things you can do to support ongoing Alzheimer’s care and research:
1. Missed “The Longest Day” on June 20th? Create your own fundraiser by thinking of something you love to do and set up your own event to support organizations like the Alzheimer's Association®. Alzheimer’s Association provides care and support to those facing Alzheimer’s, drive research toward treatment, prevention and a cure, as well as advocates for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer’s.
2. Wear Purple as it is the official color of the Alzheimer’s Association. Throughout June, National Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, people wear purple to raise awareness and help fight Alzheimer’s. Purple clothing and accessories are available at Shop for a Cause.
3. Spread the word about Alzheimer’s Awareness on social media. Share your photos, stories and fundraising successes on social media and show your love across the world by using the hashtags #ShowYourPurple and #ENDALZ.
4. Be informed and share your knowledge. Discover truths about Alzheimer's disease by visiting alz.org/abam to learn and share information about the disease with others.
5. Take care of yourself. If you have been diagnosed with AD or you are a caregiver or friend, it’s never too early or late to start a wellness routine for yourself. Commit to regular exercise and healthy diet habits as well as adopt a light therapy habit and put yourself on a road to strengthen your mental acuity.
6. Join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Here are several cities and upcoming dates:
- Denver, CO: Sept 19, 2020
- Twin Cities, MN: September 26, 2020
- Cambridge, MA: September 27, 2020
- Chicago, IL: October 10, 2020
- Los Angeles, CA: November 7, 2020
- Manhattan, NY: October 24, 2020
- Miami, FL: November 14, 2020
- New Orleans, LA: November 21, 2020
Visit the HomeoLux website for additional ideas to get in the fight: HomeoLux.com.
HomeoLux™ is a health and technology company that designs wellness products based on cutting-edge scientific research. Founder and CEO Terry Moore, who is a respected management consultant a popular TED speaker, stepped out of retirement to launch the company when his wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. HomeoLux™ delivers wellness technology that is safe and accessible, bringing hope and help to families battling cognitive decline. Visit the HomeoLux website for more details, HomeoLux.com