“When looking to buy new coverage for their vehicle, drivers should determine how much coverage they need, deductibles and coverage limits. They can help drivers get the policy they want without overpaying for it.”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of IMC
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 25, 2020
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that presents a guide that can help drivers get the best car insurance policy.
For more info and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/how-much-car-insurance-do-you-really-need/
Drivers who moved to a new state, or have recently bought a new vehicle, are probably searching for a car insurance policy. Every single driver has different coverage needs, budgets, and options available to them. To understand how much coverage they need, drivers should analyze their current situation, weigh their options, and then make an educated decision.
Before getting an insurance quote, drivers should follow the next steps:
- List the coverage they have, want, and need. Knowing what is already insured will help the driver in the process of getting new insurance. Without going through this step, drivers might be tempted to pick up the cheapest offer, possibly wasting good money.
- Learn about the coverage limits. When buying liability coverage, drivers can see them listed as 100/300/50. This is one of the more common auto insurance policy structures and is also the limit that most insurers currently recommend for liability coverage. The first two numbers represent bodily injury liability coverage and the third represents property damage liability coverage. This means that the insurance policy of a driver involved in an at-fault accident will pay up to $100,000 in injuries per person, $300,000 in injuries per accident, and $50,000 in property damage per accident.
- Consider dropping coverage for older vehicles. Drivers of newer vehicles should not have more coverage on their older vehicles. Older vehicles are more likely to breakdown, have lesser safety features, cost more to repair, and are easier to steal. They also worth less, and in many cases keeping collision coverage doesn’t make sense. However, to protect their vehicles from theft, some owners purchase comprehensive coverage.
- Consider adding family members to the policy. Anyone who lives under the same roof as the policyholder is eligible to be part of the family plan. When covering an entire family under one policy, the policyholder is eligible for multiple discounts. Also, if there is more than one vehicle in the household, the policyholder can get a discount for insuring multiple cars. Furthermore, the auto insurance policy can be combined with other policies such as homeowner’s insurance, health insurance, boat insurance, and more.
- Consider the deductible limits. The deductible is the amount of money the policyholders need to pay before the insurance kicks-in. When buying an insurance policy, drivers should determine how much they can pay for the deductible. To keep car insurance costs to a minimum, drivers can choose the highest deductible. Premiums decrease as the deductible increases.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.