SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (PRWEB) October 05, 2020
Here is a summary of our key findings. To read the full report and watch the video, see the link below.
- The average cost per milligram of CBD in 2020 is $0.099 (about 10 cents).
- Full-spectrum products (products with CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids) are the most expensive, with an average CBD cost per milligram of $0.104.
- Broad-spectrum products (products with CBD, other cannabinoids, and NO THC) have an average CBD cost per milligram of $0.097.
- Pure CBD products (CBD isolate, NO THC, and NO other cannabinoids) are cheaper, averaging $0.075 per milligram of CBD.
- The average cost of CBD dropped 37.5% in the last year, from 16 cents per milligram in 2019 to 10 cents per milligram in 2020. Prices for 2019 are derived from CBD Examine's 2019 CBD Oil Industry Report.
- The cost per milligram of CBD is determined by dividing the retail price of a CBD product by the total milligrams of CBD in the product (e.g. $100 bottle with 1,000mg CBD is 10 cents per milligram, $100/1000mg = $0.10). Use this formula to find the true cost of CBD.
- Prescription CBD is 14 cents per milligram, according to the price of a 100 mL supply (containing 10,000mg of CBD for $1377) found on drugs.com. The average consumer product is 10 cents per milligram of CBD.
- Some CBD products with low retail prices are outrageously expensive when you look at the cost per milligram of CBD. For example, we found a $20 CBD product with 25mg of CBD that cost a whopping 80 cents per milligram of CBD. The CBD product may seem cheap when we look at the retail price, but it is eight times the average cost of CBD per milligram.
- CBD products with a high retail cost are often a better deal. CBD products under $50 have an average cost per milligram of about 11 cents, products retailing between $50 and $100 dollars are about 10 cents per milligram of CBD, and products with a retail price over $100 average 8.4 cents per milligram of CBD. The average cost of CBD per milligram for products over $100 is over 22% cheaper when compared to products that are under $50.
Full report here: https://www.cbdexamine.com/cbd-oil-prices/
About CBD Examine: CBD Examine shows consumers what’s inside their CBD products. Our independent lab reports empower consumers with the cannabinoid levels, accuracy, honesty, and value of their CBD products.