Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) September 12, 2016 -- Managers and executives understand they are responsible for aligning people with the company’s purpose and objectives. But many have questions about how to do that effectively.
Strategy deployment, also known as hoshin planning, has the answers, according to Mark Reich, COO of the nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI), who will teach a full-day workshop on the subject October 24, 2016, at the annual Association for Manufacturing Excellence conference in Dallas. Reich is the author of the forthcoming LEI book Managing on Purpose about how to apply strategy deployment.
“Strategy deployment is a management system that aligns – both vertically and horizontally – an organization's functions and activities with its strategic objectives,” said Reich, who spent 23 years at Toyota in Japan and North America. His posts included assistant general manager of the corporate strategy division where he managed and implemented Toyota's North American strategic (hoshin) process.
The workshop, taught by Reich and Jikku Mohan, LEI’s product and services strategy manager, covers how strategy deployment:
• Defines annual objectives and develops people based on those objectives.
• Supports a continuous improvement structure of plan-do-check-act at individual and corporate levels.
• Releases creativity in each team member by involving them in a dialogue about corporate objectives.
• Complements A3 problem solving. (Strategy deployment functions like a company’s skeleton while A3 problem solving functions like muscle.)
• Develops a clear strategic framework for long-term high performance.
Get complete details about course content and register now for “Strategy Deployment and Alignment Through Hoshin” while seats remain: http://www.ame.org/ame-dallas-2016/workshop/strategy-deployment-and-alignment-through-hoshin
About the Lean Enterprise Institute
Lean Enterprise Institute Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Cambridge, MA, makes things better through lean research, training, publishing, and events. Founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, PhD, LEI supports other lean initiatives such as the Lean Global Network, the Lean Education Academic Network, and the Healthcare Value Network. Learn more at http://www.lean.org
Chet Marchwinski, Lean Enterprise Institute, http://www.lean.org, +1 (617) 871-2930, [email protected]
SOURCE Lean Enterprise Institute