NEW YORK (PRWEB) August 05, 2020
While the travel industry, including Airbnb, has been hit hard by COVID-19 – and there will continue to be tremendous uncertainty moving forward – recent data shows that travel is beginning to bounce back. As the travel industry evolves, Airbnb has identified a series of trends that will shape travel in the weeks and months to come.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/_Q0qb6Q7Lqo.
According to Airbnb, popular travel trends include:
1) Backyard trips – 60 percent of all domestic US bookings have been for trips within 300 miles.
2) Heading to rural destinations – Over 20 percent of bookings are in listings in rural areas like the Adirondacks, Catskills, Hudson Valley, Berkshires, Coastal New Hampshire, Northern Minnesota, South Shore Lake Michigan and the Outer Banks. Cabins and boutique hotels are among the most-searched listings.
3) Increase in family travel – family travel has increased by 43 percent this year.
Like most businesses, Airbnb has had to make adjustments during COVID-19, including launching Online Experiences and an Enhanced Clean Protocol, a set of step-by-step guidelines developed with top medical experts to help hosts protect themselves and their guests by providing safe stays. They have also engaged with local communities to promote travel and economic growth during this difficult time.
During a nationwide media tour live from Kennebunk Beach, Maine, Chris Lehane, VP for Global Public Policy and Communications discussed:
- How COVID-19 has forever transformed the travel industry
- Top travel trends moving forward
- What Airbnb is doing to help promote travel and economic growth in local communities
- Safety measures enacted to ensure the safety of hosts and guests
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content, produced by award-winning video communications firm.