“Dealing with a claim adjuster is not easy. Policyholders will have to prepare all the relevant documents if they want to obtain a fair settlement,” said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) March 22, 2021
Policyholders that got involved in a car accident and filed a claim to their insurers should expect to be contacted by a claim adjuster. These persons are sent by the insurance companies to investigate the claims and to negotiate settlements with the policyholders.
When negotiating with a claim adjuster, drivers should remember the next tips:
- Keep all the relevant documents nearby. Policyholders should have all the documents and papers prepared and organized. It is important to gather all the medical records and bills, and repair receipts. Also, get a copy of the police report. Pre-accident maintenance receipts can help policyholders prove the condition and the value of the vehicle before the accident. All of these documents will be carefully analyzed by the adjusters.
- Think about an initial settlement. Before the negotiations start, policyholders should decide upon a minimum settlement. They should take into account the cost of medical expenses, the cost to repair the vehicle and the lost wages.
- Begin the negotiations. Drivers should start negotiating first and offer their settlements to the adjusters. To support their demands, policyholders must offer arguments. They can provide receipts, police reports, pictures, medical reports, and any other documents that can support their claims.
- Never take the first offer. Drivers should acknowledge that a claim adjuster is an employee of the insurance companies. Their job is to minimize the financial losses of their employers. It is absolutely normal that the first offer provided by a claim adjuster to be very low. Policyholders should never take the first offer and they should demand some explanations for the low offer.
- Cooperate with the adjuster. Policyholders should remain calm and professional during the whole negotiation process. Even though the initial offer was very low, policyholders can bring arguments, documents, and pieces of evidence in order to gradually increase the settlement offer.
For additional info, money-saving tips, and free car insurance quotes, visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.