“The coronavirus outbreak has caused a crisis that the world has never seen before. For this reason, car insurance providers and customers need to adapt and face the new realities of the car insurance industry”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) May 03, 2020
The current global pandemic has affected many persons and has impacted almost any industry. Among the industries affected by the coronavirus outbreak is also the car insurance industry. However, there is some good news coming for Americans from the car insurance industry. Most major car insurance companies have already pledged to help their customers in need.
Regarding car insurance and policy providers, drivers need to know that some changes have already happened in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. The most important changes drivers should know are the following:
- Most insurance providers are refunding their customers. The number of cars on the road has fallen dramatically in the past few weeks. While there are fewer cars on the roads, the number of auto claims is likely to be much lower than it should be compared to a normal period. For this reason, insurance providers like Allstate, American Family, or Geico are offering premium rebates to their customers.
- Canceling car insurance is not a solution. Saving money by canceling car insurance might be a bad idea. Drivers risk paying money out of their own pockets if they suffer any losses. Also, a gap in coverage will result in higher future premiums, and drivers are likely to pay cancellation fees and support other unexpected costs if they decide to cancel their policy.
- There are different ways to save money on car insurance. Drivers who are struggling to pay their monthly insurance bills should contact their providers and explore the options that are available to them. Drivers can save money by increasing their deductible, by reducing their liability coverage limits, or by switching to a usage-based plan where drivers pay based on how much and how well they drive.
- Future insurance premiums are likely to increase. Insurance providers collect billions of dollars that they are using in investments. From these investments, insurance companies are making their real money. However, the world of investments is not doing that well right now and the only option left for the insurers is to raise the premiums.
- Dealing with auto insurance claims has changed. Insurance providers are making sure their employees and customers stay safe during this pandemic and have moved the claims process to the digital world. Most insurers have apps where customers can do multiple operations like filling claims or submitting phots of a damaged vehicle.
- Struggling customers can get assistance from their providers. Most providers have special programs to assist policyholders affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.