NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/
HRA company, Clarity Benefit Solutions, discusses six ways to help employers control health insurance costs.
- Assess your employees' needs. It is important to note that a "one-size-fits-all" health insurance plan is not going to work for all employees. Employees range in age and are at different stages of their lives, and thus have varying needs. Take the time to assess and identify what types of specific packages they are seeking. Employees could be looking to purchase a home, expand their family, or prepare for retirement. Employers need to provide customized plans to employees' specific situations in order to spend less on health insurance.
- Educate the employees. A great deal of terminology and acronyms exist when it comes to health insurance. While employers most likely have a thorough understanding of decoding HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs, chances are employees may be confused about the differences in these plans. Employers need to educate their employees on these terms to help them make informed decisions regarding their healthcare options.
- Promote wellness programs. A healthy employee is less likely to fall ill—and therefore spend less money at the doctor's office. Employers should offer their employees access to wellness programs such as free or discounted gym memberships, methods to track health and fitness activities, and care for mental illnesses and/or anxiety.
- Provide ongoing support. Since today's healthcare regulations and compliance are constantly changing, and can impact healthcare costs, employers must keep abreast of the changes in policy so they can avoid any potential penalties that can arise from noncompliance.
- Demonstrate employee appreciation. Employers who show their employees appreciation will see happier, healthier employees, who will also get sick less often. Offer employee incentives and positive reinforcement.
- Use an online benefits platform. Employers can realize significant cost savings through the use of an online benefits program. It eliminates unnecessary paperwork and data entry as well as reduces human errors such as misfiling forms. The software also automatically updates—taking the onus off the employer to remember to perform this often-forgotten task.
About Clarity Benefit Solutions: Clarity Benefit Solutions HRA company, provides technology that makes the health insurance plan selection process fast, easy, and straightforward. For over two decades, we have provided clients with industry-leading technology, compliance, and exceptional customer service. Our offering is designed to save time and lower the costs of managing benefits while also promoting employee self-service and automated ACA compliance.
Media Contact: Calvin Clark, Clarity Benefit Solutions, 732-428-8272, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Clarity Benefit Solutions