(PRWEB) April 23, 2015 -- Strategic Radiology® (SR®) announced today that Huron Valley Radiology (HVR), from Ann Arbor, MI, has joined forces with the SR coalition of progressive, independent radiology groups. Through this alignment, HVR will now have access to the collective resources in all aspects of radiology practice operations, including the SR Patient Safety Organization® (SR-PSO), SR Subspecialty Teleradiology Partners® (SR-STP) collaborative national reading pool, and the SR Group Purchasing Organization (SR-GPO). HVR’s decision to affiliate with SR is mission focused for the group and will enable the organization to effectively collaborate with peer groups dispersed across the US to gain operational efficiencies and advance clinical quality. With the addition of HVR, SR now consists of 21 member and affiliated radiology group practices.
“Huron Valley Radiology is a great example of the type of radiology group practices that are attracted to the SR collaborative model,” said Arl Van Moore, Jr, MD, FACR, CEO of SR. “The HVR culture based on integrity, strong governance, clinical quality, and service is highly aligned with the mission of SR and the nationally recognized, independent radiology groups that comprise this dynamic organization.”
In addition to gaining value through the SR-PSO, SR-STP, and SR-GPO, HVR radiologists will have the opportunity to utilize the SR data warehouse and radiologist forums in which they can interact with their peers on both business operations and quality discussions. Together, these products have been proven to advance strategic initiatives that would otherwise be cost or time prohibitive for a group operating outside the SR collaborative. Ultimately, the patients, physicians, and hospital partners serviced by HVR and other SR members groups are true beneficiaries of this national model for the way in which radiology services should be deployed.
“Strategic Radiology’s overall focus on advancing clinical quality, safety, and operational efficiency is perfectly aligned with what Huron Valley Radiology stands for in the market areas that we serve throughout the southeast region of Michigan,” said Eric Ferguson, HVR President and CEO. “It was clear from the very beginning of our membership discussions that SR was hands down the ideal fit for our radiologists and our hospital service based practice model. The value SR brings to the table will assist us in providing even more value to our hospital partners, as well as the referring physicians and patients who put their trust in us.”
Radiology groups interested in learning more about affiliating with SR can access additional information and connect with an SR contact through the organization’s website at: http://www.strategicradiology.org.
About Huron Valley Radiology (HVR)
HVR is a well established, physician owned group of 40 radiologists, offering a complete range of diagnostic services including comprehensive women’s imaging, MRI, CT, PET/CT, ultrasound, as well as interventional procedures to 6 hospitals and numerous outpatient imaging centers throughout Washtenaw, Wayne, Livingston, and Lenawee counties of Michigan. With more than a 50 year history of excellence, HVR is committed to providing the highest quality radiological services to patients, referring physicians, and hospitals. Our Michigan based, subspecialty trained physicians have expertise in all areas of diagnostic imaging and related therapies. Through market leading technology and innovative imaging solutions, HVR provides 24/7 subspecialized in-house and teleradiology services. We constantly strive to maintain a standard of care that surpasses the expectations of those we serve.
More information can be found on the HVR website at: http://www.huronvalleyradiology.com.
About Strategic Radiology (SR)
SR consists of 21 geographically diverse and forward thinking US based radiology group practices representing more than 1,300 radiologists. The goal of SR is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses.
More information can be found on the SR website at http://www.strategicradiology.org.
Current SR members include:
• Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
• Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
• Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY (affiliate member)
• Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
• Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
• Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
• Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
• Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
• Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
• Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
• Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
• Professional Radiology, Inc.; Cincinnati, OH (affiliate member)
• Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
• Radiant Imaging, Inc.; Pasadena, CA including The Hill Medical Corporation and Arcadia Radiology Medical Group divisions
• Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA (affiliate member)
• Radiology Associates of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
• Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
• Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
• Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
• Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates EDVI Medical Imaging and Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists
• University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
Mike Suddendorf, Strategic Radiology, +1 6143619665, [email protected]
SOURCE Strategic Radiology