MIDDLETOWN, Ohio, Aug. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Generally regarded as the "Father of Financial Planning", Loren Dunton organized financial professionals in the late sixties and with their help created the financial planning movement including the formation of associations, magazines, colleges, university programs and foundations. He was able to use his experiences to frankly explain what all financial advisors now recognize – "that the ethical sales of financial products and the delivery of competent advice is a noble calling." Loren Dunton was a man of vision who cared deeply about both financial consultants and consumers.
In order to fulfill the Dunton Award criteria, nominees must:
- Hold a professional designation or credential (i.e. RFC®, MRFC®, ChFC®, CFP®, CLU®, CPA/PFS, CEBS, MSFM, MSFS, or Doctoral degree, etc.)
- Published articles, journals, books, etc. on financial topics
- Provided outstanding service or leadership in the financial services industry
- Promoted or participated in financial education, either to the public or to members of the profession
- Demonstrated effectiveness in carrying the message of responsible financial stewardship to the public
- Adhered to the IARFC Code of Ethics and have a sound record of business integrity with no suspension or revocation of any professional license
Nominations are reviewed by a Selection Committee, voted on and officially announced by the IARFC. The Committee consists of prior Dunton Award Recipients: Committee Chair Dr. H. Stephen Bailey, MRFC®, (2010); Monroe Diefendorf, Jr. RFC® - (2021); Barry Dayley, MRFC® - (2020); Rosilyn Overton, MRFC® - (2019); Dr. William Gustafson - (2018); Ric Edelman, RFC® - (2017); Dr. Jerry W. Mason - (2016); Dr. Jon M. Rogers, MRFC® - (2015) and Bill Carter, RFC® - (2006).
"Our Association is proud to recognize an influential leader in financial services with the Loren E. Dunton Memorial Award," commented Dr. H. Stephen Bailey, MRFC®. "Nominated individuals will have performed outstandingly in the profession and will have given back to the financial community in the same manner as Dunton himself. We welcome all recommendations for worthy candidates."
A nomination form may be downloaded for submission. For additional questions, contact IARFC Team Member Charlotte Isbell, the Selection Committee Liaison. Nominations must be received by September 30, 2021. More information on the Dunton Award can be found on the IARFC website
Susan Cappa, IARFC, 5134241589, [email protected]