“As a family-friendly destination home to a variety of attractions, Lehigh Valley comes alive during Christmas time,” said Alicia Quinn, vice president of marketing and strategic alliances for Discover Lehigh Valley
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. (PRWEB) November 17, 2022
Take in the magic of the holiday season in ways only Lehigh Valley, PA can offer where travelers near and far can experience the most wonderful time of the year. From charming carriage rides, historic downtown shopping, live holiday performances, and more, Discover Lehigh Valley®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and driving tourism to Lehigh and Northampton counties provides a festive experience for visitors of all ages.
“As a family-friendly destination home to a variety of attractions, Lehigh Valley comes alive during Christmas time,” said Alicia Quinn, vice president of marketing and strategic alliances for Discover Lehigh Valley. “No one does the season like Lehigh Valley – and with so many options from a live advent calendar in Historic Bethlehem, to sipping seasonal cocktails to twinkling light displays, Lehigh Valley is the perfect destination for making spirits bright.”
Here are some top activities we recommend visiting:
Festivals and Shopping:
- Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem – Named one of the best holiday markets in the world by Travel + Leisure, this Bethlehem staple has 60+ artisans and craftspeople selling handmade gifts, along with delicious food and live entertainment. Don’t forget to lace up your skates at the Ice Rink at SteelStacks, right next to the market.
- Easton Winter Village – The outdoor village, anchored by the iconic Easton Peace Candle, offers tons of shopping. Take a break and skate under twinkling holiday lights at the village’s ice-skating rink for only $5 a person. You can reserve your tickets ahead of time here.
- Moravian Book Shop– Only steps away from Christkindlmarkt, the oldest continuously running bookstore in the world sells more than your favorite books, but also hosts author signings and sells holiday treasures.
- Find the best gift for everyone on your list with Discover Lehigh Valley’s holiday shopping guide.
- Lights in the Parkway – This mile-long holiday light display in Allentown features drive-through animated displays, lighted trees and iconic characters, all of which can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own car.
- Koziar’s Christmas Village – Experience a fairyland in the middle of the countryside where visitors can walk the Christmas village at their own pace and take in the twinkling Christmas lights.
- Winter Light Spectacular at the Lehigh Valley Zoo – Over 1.2 million dazzling lights await along with cozy outdoor firepits and meet-and-greets with Cinderella, Elsa and Anna.
- Christmas City Stroll – A knowledgeable guide donned in colonial garb will explain some of Bethlehem’s most cherished Christmas traditions including the meaning behind a candle-in-every-window, the Bethlehem Star and the history behind the Victorian and colonial buildings. This is a festive tour you won’t want to miss!
- Horse Drawn Carriage Ride – Witness the beauty of Bethlehem’s national historic landmark district in a cozy ride filled with the lights, sights and sounds of Christmas City.
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Train – This 2-hour special holiday train invites riders to hop onboard in their pajamas and sip hot chocolate as the train rolls past the Secret Valley. Rumor has it that Santa may appear with a gift for every child on-site.
- At the Stroke of Midnight – This heartwarming original Christmas musical will have the most determined Scrooge smiling as the true message of Christmas is revealed. Performances are running through December 23.
- Christmas City Follies – This fan-favorite show has been sending up the holidays for decades! Catch the variety show everyone is talking about from December 2 – December 18.
- The Nutcracker – This timeless classic will be playing at the Miller Symphony Hall December 3 – 4.
Throughout the season, Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, and the surrounding communities provide tons of merry moments and endless activities to celebrate. For a full look at all things happening in Lehigh Valley, visit DiscoverLehighValley.com and check out their helpful holiday guides including a holiday travel bucket list, a Christmas tree lighting schedule and a Christmas tree finder.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley®, the official destination marketing organization of Pennsylvania’s Lehigh and Northampton counties, is dedicated to driving economic growth and strengthening local pride through tourism to the region. Just 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City, Lehigh Valley is home to must-see attractions and festivals, world-class sporting events, thrilling outdoor recreation, renowned colleges and universities, and historic sites including Bethlehem, a National Historic Landmark District and nominee on the U.S. Tentative List for World Heritage Designation. Many of America’s favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars, Mack Trucks and Olympus reign from Lehigh Valley. Visit DiscoverLehighValley.com and follow @LehighValleyPa.