Virtually everything here is available to taste before you buy. Most products come in a variety of sizes and bottle styles, and laser engraving is available for shoppers who want to add a personal message, company name or logo to their purchase.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) November 08, 2018
In advance of the holidays, Chicago-area vomFASS stores—which sell imported oils, aged vinegars, wines, spirits and liqueurs straight from the cask—have introduced new products and services to make seasonal cooking, entertaining and gift giving easier and more delicious.
New offerings at the Lincoln Square (4755 N. Lincoln Ave.) and Naperville (121 S. Washington) vomFASS stores include:
- A wide assortment of uniquely flavored oils and aged vinegars made from ingredients like apples, cranberries, pumpkins, pears and quince that give an immediate fall flavor boost to baked goods, soups, salad dressings and more. (Of note: vomFASS’s apple balsamic vinegar, barrel-aged in the Alps, recently received its third consecutive Superior Taste Award from the International Taste & Quality Institute, the world’s leading organization dedicated to testing and promoting superior food and drink.)
- Seasonally flavored spirits, including gingerbread liqueur, apple brandy and tangerine liqueur.
- Whimsically themed spice blends with names like “A Little Thank You” or “For Great Neighbors” that come packaged in their own grinders, ready for gift giving.
- Curated boxed assortments of these and other vomFASS items such as soups, risottos, spreads, syrups, pastas and olives.
- Laser engraving for shoppers who want to add a personal message, company name or logo to their oil, vinegar, liqueur or spirits purchase.
The engraving service has quickly become popular with businesses looking to give personalized gifts, as well as hosts of corporate and private events—including weddings—who are seeking unique, customized table favors, according to owner Michael Aldrich.
“Unlike when you shop online, virtually everything here is available to taste before you buy,” he said, adding that vomFASS translates from German as “from the cask.” “Most products come in a variety of sizes and bottle styles, so there are many options.”
Both stores also offer classes on topics such as cocktail-making, and they host private events for groups (age 21+).
For more information, visit vomfassusa.com or call 872-208-3027 (Lincoln Square) or 630-857-9936 (Naperville).
VomFASS is a European-style store that sells imported oils, aged vinegars, wines, spirits and liqueurs straight from the cask, along with an assortment of specialty foods. The Lincoln Square and Naperville locations are owned by Michael Aldrich, a former human resources executive and the exclusive Chicago-area franchise holder. The vomFASS concept originated in Germany in the early ‘80s, eventually expanding throughout Europe and the United States. There are 36 independently owned and operated U.S. vomFASS locations. The U.S. headquarters is in Madison, Wisc.