Moving during this pandemic can add one more layer of stress to an already stressful situation.
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (PRWEB) March 27, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed every day life for millions of people, but despite social distancing and stay-at-home directives, moving is not an event that can always be avoided or postponed. Whatever the reason for moving to a new place, the Incline Village movers from Owens Brothers Transfer want everyone involved in the move to be as safe and healthy as possible and have outlined some tips to help.
Moving and the date of the move are not always flexible. Relocating for work is still happening. Some have taken advantage of work slowdown to retire and move. Some businesses are changing locations. There are any number of reasons making a move to a new location and fortunately, moving services are considered essential services and are still available to help families pack, move, unpack and settle in.
Owens Brothers Transfer has been helping people move across town or out of state since 1980. The team is professional, skilled and very sensitive and respectful of all of their clients needs no matter how short or long the move. Moving during this pandemic can add one more layer of stress to an already stressful situation and the Reno and Incline Village movers aim to make everything about moving as uncomplicated as possible.
Here is what Owens Brothers Transfer is doing:
- Providing online quotes and communicating regularly and safely with customers
- Keeping trucks stocked with hand sanitizer, masks, gloves and other protective equipment
- Wearing masks and gloves
- Practicing social distance with customers and among the moving team
- Regularly and frequently sanitizing trucks and equipment
- Following local, state and federal guidelines
The safety practices moving customers can follow include:
- Following all of the guidelines for staying safe and healthy for a safe period of time before the movers arrive. Discuss the upcoming move with the family doctor for advice about social distancing and avoiding groups during the time leading up to the movers arriving.
- Be honest with the moving company about any symptoms anyone in the household is experiencing, any exposure to COVID-19, and about having the illness.
- If you are doing any packing, use only new boxes and packing material. Sanitize the outside of the packed boxes.
- Wear gloves and a mask while packing or while organizing items for the movers to pack. Sanitize items as you go.
- When the movers arrive, wear a mask and practice social distancing. Wear gloves in case you need to handle anything.
Discuss the moving company’s COVID-19 policies and ask any questions. What is the company’s cancellation policy? What safety procedures need to followed when the movers arrive at the new location?
Keeping open communication with the moving company is always in order and even more so during unusual times. The Incline Village movers are ready to work with their customers and help out as much as possible. The company specializes in moving homes, offices, hotels, resort properties and large firms across town or across the nation. Owens Brothers Transfer provides storage when needed and there are no hidden fees for any service. Serving all areas around Incline Village, Lake Tahoe, Reno and Carson City, Owen Brothers Transfer is the moving and storage company to call.
Owens Brothers Transfer
2589 Wildhorse Suite 6
Minden, NV 89423