The advantages of Penetron crystalline waterproofing materials – increasing the durability and lifetime of concrete structures – is finding increased popularity across India.
EAST SETAUKET, New York (PRWEB) December 15, 2020
Under construction since 2012, the final phase of the Jaypee Hospital in Noida, India was inaugurated this month. This project is the latest in a list of healthcare projects where Penetron India provided concrete waterproofing solutions for below-grade concrete structures.
“The growing pace of hospital construction across India, driven by profits private facilities can generate, is pushing upgrades of current facilities through the expansion of medical and administrative infrastructure or the addition of wholly new healthcare facilities,” explains Sushil Kathar, Managing Director of Penetron India. “Penetron India has played a vital role in a large number of recent construction projects, like the Jaypee Hospital in Noida.”
Jaypee Hospital at Noida, a 1,200-bed tertiary care multi-speciality facility, sprawls across a 25 acre campus. It is the flagship hospital of the Jaypee Group, featuring 150 critical care beds, 15 operating theaters, four cardiac labs, and a radiology facility (with IGRT, nuclear medicine technologies). The Hospital is one of 19 nationally accredited Jaypee hospitals in India.
The engineers of the Jaypee Hospital looked to Penetron India for a durable waterproofing solution for the two-level basement structures. The raft foundation slab was treated with PENETRON PLUS (as a dry shake application) and PENEBAR SW swellable waterstop strips were installed to seal the construction joints.
Demanding Projects – Simple Waterproofing Solutions
Designing and building a hospital is usually a construction project that requires expertise in complex electrical, mechanical and telecom systems – not to mention the architecture to house everything. In addition, the site needs to be located far from industry and pollution to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
The list below is only the most recent of dozens of hospital projects completed by Penetron India over the past few years:
- MIOT Hospital, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) – 1,000-bed hospital used PENETRON ADMIX-treated concrete and PENEBAR SW waterstop strips to waterproof the concrete basement structures.
- Mahamanya Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya Cancer Centre, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) – built in just 10 months, the 352-bed treatment center used PENETRON ADMIX-treated concrete, PENEBAR SW waterstop strips, PENETRON, and PENECRETE MORTAR to waterproof the concrete basement structures.
- Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana, (Punjab) – 259-bed multi-specialty hospital used PENETRON ADMIX-treated concrete and PENEBAR SW waterstop strips to waterproof the concrete basement
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) – the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group used PENETRON ADMIX-treated concrete and PENEBAR SW waterstop strips to waterproof the concrete basement structures.
- Muthoot Hospital, Dwarka, (Delhi) – concrete for a two-level basement was treated with PENETRON ADMIX and PENEBAR SW waterstop strips.
- Max Healthcare Institute, Dehradun, (Uttarakhand) – terrace repairs were completed and waterproofed with a PENETRON coating and cracks were repaired with PENECRETE MORTAR.
- Max Healthcare Institute, Noida (Uttar Pradesh) – basement repair work was completed with a PENETRON coating, PENEPLUG was used for live leaks and PENECRETE MORTAR used for other repairs.
“As construction continues at a number of new hospital expansion projects, the Penetron India team will assist the project contractors with any technical issues concerning waterproofing or concrete repair,” adds Sushil Kathar. “The advantages of Penetron crystalline waterproofing materials – increasing the durability and lifetime of concrete structures – is finding increased popularity across India.”
The Penetron Group is a leading manufacturer of specialty construction products for concrete waterproofing, concrete repairs and floor preparation systems. The Group operates through a global network, offering support to the design and construction community through its regional offices, representatives and distribution channels.
For more information on Penetron crystalline technology solutions, please visit http://www.penetron.com, email: CRDept@penetron.com or contact our Corporate Relations Department at 631-941-9700.