LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., Feb. 5, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- This season is perfect for binge watching must-see shows and indulging in a book club read, but why let life pass by just sitting on the couch? Discover Lehigh Valley®, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and driving tourism to Lehigh and Northampton counties, is sharing its top list of indoor events and attractions to get people out and about while escaping the dreary forecast.
"It's that time of year when people tend to get cabin fever from being cooped up in their house as they try to avoid cold and wet weather. But they don't need to stay home — there is so much to do indoors in our area that will keep people busy and entertained through the entire season," says Alicia Quinn, vice president of marketing and strategic alliances for Discover Lehigh Valley. "If you're looking for a getaway this winter, come explore Lehigh Valley's hidden gems by experiencing the arts and culture scene, our delicious restaurants and many attractions."
The perfect weekend is made possible in Lehigh Valley with these recommendations from Discover Lehigh Valley:
Museums & New Exhibits
- PURSEonality: A Stylish Handbag History is Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites' newest feature. Comprised of more than 300 purses from New York Times bestselling author Ilene Hochberg Wood, PURSEonality explores history and trends of handbags. The exhibit runs until April 26.
- Marvel at innovative and experimental printmaking when visiting Color & Complexity at the Allentown Art Museum. Color & Complexity celebrates Durham Press's thirty-year production history by featuring monoprints, portfolios, and large-scale masterpieces. The exhibit runs through May 3.
- The Crayola Experience™ bursts with four floors of 26 colorful, hands-on and interactive attractions. The new, digital exhibits provide endless opportunities for creativity and imagination as children snap silly selfies, create animal figurines, and dabble in fashion design.
- STEM experiences come to life at the Da Vinci Science Center with a KEVA plank design studio, weather forecasting simulator, dark tunnel maze, colored shadows wall, animation station, and more.
- For a rowdier family night, cheer on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, an American Hockey League affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Music to the Ears
- Music lovers from around the world travel to tour the Martin Guitar Factory, Museum & Visitors Center. Martin Guitars have been handcrafted in Lehigh Valley for more than 180 years, and its unique tour at the C.F. Martin & Co. gives a backstage view of the talented craftspeople at work. Visitors can even play and hand test the instruments in the Pickin' Parlor.
- Experience podcasts live during the Lehigh Valley Podcast Festival (March 28) at the ArtsQuest™ Center at SteelStacks™. New in 2020, the festival showcases the region's most entertaining podcasts while attendees enjoy the recordings live.
Local Spirits & Libations
- A designated American Viticultural Area, travelers can sample a collection of award-winning wines made from a variety of grapes, including Lehigh Valley's signature Chambourcin.
- To experience locally grown ingredients and exceptional flavor profiles, consider exploring Lehigh Valley's award-winning craft beer scene including Weyerbacher Brewing Company, Fegley's Brew Works, and Two Rivers Brewing Company.
- For something a little stronger, try Eight Oaks Farm Distillery for a relaxing atmosphere where guests can enjoy locally made spirits and handcrafted cocktails, or Social Still for infused vodkas and gins and impressive seasonal entrees.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley®, the official destination marketing organization of Pennsylvania's Lehigh and Northampton counties, is dedicated to driving economic growth and strengthening local pride through tourism to the region. Just 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City, Lehigh Valley is home to must-see attractions and festivals, world-class sporting events, thrilling outdoor recreation, renowned colleges and universities, and historic sites including Bethlehem, a National Historic Landmark District and nominee on the U.S. Tentative List for World Heritage Designation. Many of America's favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars, Mack Trucks and Olympus reign from Lehigh Valley. Visit DiscoverLehighValley.com and follow @LehighValleyPa.
SOURCE Discover Lehigh Valley