TORONTO, Ontario (PRWEB) March 05, 2021
InfoQ (https://www.infoq.com), an online global community of senior software engineers focused on facilitating the spread of knowledge to help software development teams adopt new technologies and practices, today announced the second edition of its online event, QCon Plus (https://plus.qconferences.com/) taking place May 17-28, 2021.
Dio Synodinos, President at C4Media, the company operating InfoQ and QCon said: “For more than 15 years, InfoQ and QCon have been helping Enterprise software development teams adopt new technologies and practices. Our global community of senior software engineers, architects, and team leads keep coming back to our conferences because they trust the information provided, and selected by, their peers.
At the second edition of our flagship event, attendees from all around the world will be able to learn the trends, best practices, and solutions applied by the most innovative organizations and validate their software roadmap. With a mix of real-time interactive sessions and asynchronous learning, we will provide an online experience optimized for senior software professionals with deadlines who want to level-up their skills through deep-dives in innovating technologies while keeping up with their busy schedule. The driving force behind every QCon software development conference is a passion to accelerate the software side of human progress.”
Every QCon Plus has a Program Committee comprising senior software leaders who curate timely, modern topics they feel are essential for senior software engineers, tech leads, and architects. Rather than adopting a call for papers, the Program Committee reaches out and invites speakers with impactful stories that help attendees stay ahead of the adoption curve and validate their software roadmap.
The QCon Plus committee members are:
- Daniel Bryant, QCon Plus Chair
- Sarah Wells, Principal Engineer at FT (Financial Times)
- Eder Ignatowicz, Java Champion, Tech Lead, and Principal Software Engineer at RedHat
- Susanne Kaiser, more than 15 years experience in software development & architecture, previously CTO at JustSocialApps
- Tony Printezis, Staff Software Engineer (JVM) at Twitter
- Panos Astithas, Software Engineering Manager at Google
- Werner Schuster, InfoQ Editor, Functional Programming at Wolfram
QCon Plus Conference Chair, Daniel Bryant said: “I'm super excited to be chairing the Program Committee (PC) for this year's QCon Plus event in May. We already have an amazing lineup of expert practitioners, domain specialists, and technical leaders joining me on the PC. Over the next several weeks our sole mission is to curate the best possible technical content to support senior software developments innovate. It's a privilege to be part of such an awesome team of software professionals creating an online event for fellow professionals.”
QCon Plus will focus on emerging software trends and innovations giving attendees the opportunity to connect with software experts from innovator and early adopter companies. Featuring 16 tracks (https://plus.qconferences.com/#program) spaced across 2 weeks, topics for 2021 are:
- Architectures You've Always Wondered About
- Architecting for Resilience
- WebAssembly Throughout the Stack
- System-Level Programming Languages
- Current and Future Java and JVM languages
- Optimizing Your Organisation for Speed: Platforms and Process
- Architecting a Modern Financial Institution
- Observability and Understandability in Production
- Applied Computer Science
- Modern Data Pipelines and Data Mesh
- Mechanical Sympathy - Developing for Modern Hardware
- Running Effective Remote Teams
- Accelerating APIs and Edge Computing
- State of ML/AI Union
- Microservice - The First Decade
- Software Supply Chain - Building Secure Systems
QCon Plus is an online experience where attendees can build their own learning journey across:
- Technical talks from software leaders pushing the boundaries.
- Real-time, live, interactive sessions, interactive Q&As, panel discussions, AMAs, and dedicated unconference sessions.
- Async learning opportunities and conversations with a global software development community.
- Optional real-time workshops to deep-dive into a specific technology or develop a new skill.
For further information on the virtual conference and to register, visit https://plus.qconferences.com/.
--- ENDS ---
Director of Marketing
About QCon Plus
QCon Plus is a virtual experience spaced over 2 weeks (May 17 – May 28, 2021) helping senior software engineers and architects learn the trends, best practices, and solutions applied by the world’s most innovative software practitioners. https://plus.qconferences.com/
Details at a glance:
- Takes place virtually on May 17-28, 2021
- Helps software engineers uncover emerging trends and practices from the world’s most innovative software professionals
- Online conference and experience with over 80 speakers who are domain experts
- Technical talks from software leaders driving innovation and change
- A focus on Patterns & Practices, not Products and Pitches
- Async learning based on an attendees schedule
- Optional real-time online workshops
- Never hidden marketing
About QCon Software Development Conferences
QCon software development global conferences have been helping software development teams adopt new technologies and practices for over 15 years. The driving force behind every QCon conference is our passion to accelerate the software side of human progress. With thousands of inspiring attendees, QCon conferences uncover emerging trends and practices from the world’s most innovative software professionals. QCon features independent and unbiased content, information, and technologies that help senior software engineers, tech leads, and architects drive innovation in the software industry. https://qconferences.com/
InfoQ helps global software development teams adopt new technologies and practices. Written by software engineers and read by over 1.5 million developers worldwide, senior software developers rely on the InfoQ community to keep ahead of the adoption curve. For the last 15 years, InfoQ’s mission is to facilitate the spread of knowledge and innovation in enterprise software development. https://www.infoq.com/
C4Media - the provider of InfoQ.com and QCon conferences - is dedicated to serving the world-wide enterprise software development community with a place to track and facilitate change and innovation. All content published on InfoQ and presented at QCon Software Development Conferences is authored by industry practitioners. Our mission is to facilitate the spread of knowledge and innovation in the software developer community (since 2005). https://c4media.com/