Women are often the ones fighting for equality and this list not only highlights the incredible talents but also celebrates the change agents working within the industry for us all to someday realize equality.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 07, 2020
NYC FinTech Women, an organization created to connect, empower and promote women to advance their careers in financial technology (FinTech), continues to celebrate and recognize women who are driving innovation, leading through difficult times and inspiring the community. In its second year, the Inspiring FinTech Females award recognizes 50 leaders who epitomize the organization’s mission to strengthen the ecosystem across five categories: Founders, Leaders, Money Movers, Network Builders and Product Builders.
"Women are often the ones fighting for equality and this list not only highlights the incredible talents but also celebrates the change agents working within the industry for us all to someday realize equality,” said Edwina Johnson, COO of Alloy & NYC FinTech Women Steering Committee Member. “These are not empty words or hollow pledges for change, these are the people making change happen and innovating the finance industry from a technology point of view and demographic point of view."
"So many women are doing impactful work behind the scenes, it is time for a list like ours to celebrate them and bring them to the forefront," added Larissa Carrera, Associate Director of LeFrak Investment Holdings & NYC FinTech Marketing Committee.
Each recipient of the Inspiring FinTech Females award will be featured for a full calendar year on NYC FinTech Women’s website. The 2020 winners include:
Founders: She is a tenacious female founder in a male-dominated industry who has an entrepreneurial spirit using her platform to build diverse teams and mentor other women.
- Asya Bradley, Cofounder, Boulevard
- Jenn Byrne, CEO and Co-Founder, Quesnay
- Jessica Eting, Co-Founder, COO, Flourish Savings
- Aimeelene Gaspar,, CEO & Co-founder, LionX
- Cokie Hasiotis, Founder, Lasagna Consulting
- Rebecca Kersch, Founder, Tang
- Stephany Kirkpatrick, CEO and Founder, Orum
- Kaeya Majmundar, CEO & Founder, Swaypay
- Sheryl O'Connor, Founder/CEO, WealthConductor
- Karen Rios, CEO & Co-Founder, Lifesaver
- Bola Sokunbi, Founder & CEO, Clever Girl Finance
- Ioanna Stanegloudi, co-Founder & Chief Risk Officer, Finclude
- Kate Terry, Co-Founder & COO, Surround Insurance
- Dana Wilson, Founder & CEO, Chip Professionals
- Magdalena Yesil, Executive Chair/Founder, Informed
Leaders: Her mission-led leadership is driving change within her organization all the while championing equity and the inclusion of women.
- Carley Brandt, Managing Director - Sector Head of FinTech, Silicon Valley Bank
- Colleen Coda, Managing Director, Blackstone
- Carole Crawford, CFA, Managing Partner, fincap360
- Stephanie Foster, Head of Regional Product Management, Americas, Finastra
- Mariel Henkoff, Head of People US, Klarna
- Sallie Jian, Head of SAP.iO Foundry NY, SAP
- Jennifer Jordan, MD, Female Founders First - Barclays + Techstars
- Elisabeth Kozack, Managing Director, Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Danielle McQuiston, Chief Customer Officer, Candex
- Christine Nolan, Head of Trading Technology, MarketAxess
- Lauryn Nwankpa, Head of Social Impact, Dave
- Puja Samuel, Head of Ideation Corporate Investment Bank, JP Morgan
- Devon Sherman, Managing Director, MassChallenge FinTech
- Scarlett Sieber, Managing Dir Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, CCG Catalyst
- Jane Tran, Head of Solutions, Unqork
Money Movers: She is actively investing and supporting diverse FinTech founders, challenging the current status quo within venture capital and shifting the distribution of wealth and opportunity for all women.
- Cheryl Campos, Head of Venture Growth & Partnerships, Republic
- Cat Hernandez, Partner, The Venture Collective (TVC)
- Sol Lee, Sr Associate, NYCA Partners
- Addie Lerner, Founder & Managing Partner, Avid Ventures
- Aditi Maliwal, Partner, Upfront Ventures
- Jade Mandel, Vice President, Growth Equity Investing, Goldman Sachs
- Emmalyn Shaw, Managing Director, Flourish Ventures
- Jillian Williams, Principal, Anthemis
Network Builders: She is an industry powerhouse who leverages her network to drive connections across the FinTech community to foster a more inclusive ecosystem, enriching experiences and ultimately promoting better innovation.
- Lyanne Alfaro, Supervising Producer & Social Media Content Dir., Nasdaq
- Elise Brown, Product and Investor Marketing Lead, Anthemis
- Cristina Ciaravalli, New Business Representative, Plaid
- Jean Donnelly, Advisor, FinTech Sandbox
- Cammila Garcia, Vice Consul, FinTech, UK's Department for International Trade
- Alexandra Gheorghe, FinTech Platform Manager, Rise, created by Barclays
- Kathryn Van Nuys, US Head of FinTech Business Development, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Product Builders: She is an innovative problem solver committed to building products that power decisions made in FinTech and an advocate for increased representation.
- Ying Cao, Head of Digital Product, Barclays
- Laura Lakhwara, Associate Director, Customer Success, SoftBank Robotics
- Erica Lee, Senior Product Manager, Better.com
- Christina Papadimitriou, Machine Learning Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Deepa Sathaye, Full Stack Engineer, Alloy
For the complete list and profiles of the winners, visit: https://www.nycfintechwomen.com/inspiring-fintech-females-2020
“It was uplifting to see so many brilliant women nominated by both female and male supporters across friends, colleagues, mentors and inspired members of the community,” said Sasha Pilch, Head of New Business at Ramp and Co-Founder of NYC FinTech Women. “I am thrilled that the community continues to grow and we are able to empower women to advance their careers.”
Inspiring FinTech Females honor women who support, empower and sponsor women in their professional advancement while celebrating those who are innovating and transforming the industry. With over 400 submissions, an esteemed panel of judges inclusive of Jeremy Balkin (Head of Innovation, HSBC), Ramona Ortega (CEO, Founder, My Money My Future), Lindsay Fitzgerald (MD, American Express Ventures) and Kelly Fryer (Executive Director, FinTech Sandbox) helped create a distinctive list of 50 visionaries who represent the spirit of NYC FinTech Women.
About NYC FinTech Women:
NYC FinTech Women is an organization with more than 6,000 members across startups, traditional finance, and VCs. Our mission is to connect, promote, and empower women to advance their careers in FinTech. We fulfill our mission through hosting events, featuring women in FinTech Female Fridays, showcasing FinTechs in our Fireside Chat Minute, and providing a job board, HireHer. Our programs are in collaboration with FinTechs such as Adyen, Stash, and Plaid as well as institutional enterprises and Big Tech such as Google, Deutsche Bank, Bank of America, JPMC, Shearman & Sterling, and Silicon Valley Bank.