Employees in the field have the best first-hand knowledge, so why not let them create the material, using smartphones or other easily accessible creative tools, and let L&D curate the results? We believe we will shortly see the popularity of this approach explode.
RALEIGH, N.C. (PRWEB) June 23, 2020
Instilled by PeopleFluent, a corporate Learning Experience Platform (LXP) that helps organizations capture, catalog, and discover learning at scale, has launched a new ebook examining our creator-centric future and how that ties into corporate learning and development.
At a time when millions of workers have been forced to do business via video conference calls, the scene has been set for organizations to let employees get in front of the camera for other purposes. The ebook, ‘Our Creator-Centric Future: How To Build Effective Learning Programs In a World Where Everyone Is a Creator’, explains how, when supported by employee-led learning content creation and advanced learning experience platforms, L&D professionals will be able to meet increasing demands on their time and their roles.
“Forty-six percent of L&D time is spent delivering learning of various types, according to a recent LinkedIn Learning report,” notes Dawn Baron, co-author of the ebook and a product marketing manager at Instilled by PeopleFluent. “With everyone’s roles rapidly becoming more complex, giving employee experts more peer-to-peer opportunities to share knowledge would be more efficient for everyone involved.”
She continues: “Employees in the field have the best first-hand knowledge, so why not let them create the material, using smartphones or other easily accessible creative tools, and let L&D curate the results? We believe we will shortly see the popularity of this approach explode, giving L&D professionals more time to refine the best teaching moments, and to make sure more employees see those moments.”
The short ebook covers a number to topics, including why:
- Lockdown has simply accelerated creator-centric trends: the ebook discusses how advances in technology such as smartphone cameras and social networks have democratized content creation in our daily lives. It notes that consumer audiences prefer user-generated content (UGC)—they are 2.4 times more likely to say UGC is more authentic than branded content. The parallels with learning content are obvious.
- Businesses will have to pay more attention to creator-centric platforms when onboarding Gen Z into the workforce: Did you know that 70% of teachers assign homework that requires a broadband connection? Coupled with the creator-led nature of Gen Z’s favorite online venues—TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube and, Twitch—the ebook explores how organizations will have to up their creator-centric game for a generation of online learners.
- Creator-centric platforms are the key to recording the knowledge of retiring workers: An eye-opening 57% of Boomers have shared half or less of the knowledge needed to perform their job responsibilities, and 21% have “shared none at all”. The ebook hypothesizes that we desperately need platforms that give retirees a voice in the handover process.
- The creator-centric approach needs to be a cultural commitment: The ebook argues that employee contributions to learning should be ongoing. If an employee has been slowly contributing to your learning platform throughout their time with you, they can continue to add value long after they’ve moved to another role or company.
- L&D’s role is changing—and creator centric platforms will help ease the transition: Jobs increasingly demand broader knowledge and deeply specialized skills. By bringing learning into the flow of work and leaning more on AI and experts in the field, the ebook considers how L&D professionals can curate learning that gets information, knowledge and the answers to their questions to busy people when they need it most.
Click here to download a copy of ‘Our Creator-Centric Future: How To Build Effective Learning Programs In a World Where Everyone Is a Creator’ from the PeopleFluent website.
About Instilled by PeopleFluent
Instilled is an easy-to-use, structured corporate Learning Experience Platform (LXP) that supports a modern learning culture. The platform leads learners to the right content—created by subject matter experts and peer groups—without distractions. Instilled draws on nearly 20 years of experience providing learning consulting and technologies for authoring, delivery, and analytics. Instilled combines award-winning technologies within Learning Technologies Group into one efficient learning experience platform.
For more, visit instilled.com.
As a market leader in integrated talent management and learning solutions, PeopleFluent helps companies hire, develop, reward, and advance a skilled and motivated workforce. Deployed separately or as a suite, our software spans recruitment, performance, compensation, succession, and learning—tailored for either large or mid-enterprise organizations. We deliver unmatched functionality and flexibility, recognized by leading analysts, to develop people, drive performance and deliver results.
Our talent solutions unify talent processes within a collaborative experience that enables HR and L&D teams to guide managers and employees with contextual learning—right in the flow of work.
A part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), PeopleFluent provides world-class service and an unparalleled ecosystem of partners to optimize employee experience, employer brand, and business results.
For more, visit peoplefluent.com.