"At IEI, we think it is really important that district leaders be positioned centrally in the discussion about which service and solution providers can best meet the needs of students and teachers, and the Supes’ Choice Awards are our effort to do just that.” — Doug Roberts, Founder and CEO, IEI
NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 10, 2021
The Institute for Education Innovation, an organization that serves as the bridge between district leaders and organizations to support the greatest challenges in K-12 education, today announced the winners of the inaugural 2021 Supes' Choice Awards.
The Supes’ Choice Awards are the only industry awards judged exclusively by school district superintendents. This award provides a unique opportunity for education companies to showcase their products or solutions and secure the undivided attention of superintendent judges from across the nation. Finalists also received coveted feedback from district leaders throughout the judging process.
"At IEI, we think it is really important that district leaders be positioned centrally in the discussion about which service and solution providers can best meet the needs of students and teachers, and the Supes’ Choice Awards are our effort to do just that,” said Doug Roberts, founder and CEO, Institute for Education Innovation. “We received numerous applications from companies demonstrating an impressive commitment to improving student outcomes. This award spotlights the successes—and acknowledges the impactful work—these companies have done to help students succeed both inside and outside of the classroom."
"Feedback is a gift," said Quintin Shepherd, Superintendent, Victoria Independent School District. "The Supes' Choice Awards are a great opportunity for educational leaders to provide feedback and celebrate our education partners for all of the powerful tools and resources they provide to K-12 school districts."
"We are truly honored to know that superintendents from across the country selected Robin as the most impactful social-emotional learning solution to equip as many young people as possible with the mental health skills to work through life's toughest challenges," said Sonny Thadani, founder and CEO, Robin. "The Supes' Choice Awards provide a unique and rare opportunity to garner constructive feedback and insights from district leader decision makers, which is invaluable for delivering the best possible solution to our K12 district partners."
The award categories were evaluated based on a commitment to student outcomes, innovation and ingenuity, client support, interactivity and engagement.
The winners in each category are:
- Innovator of the Year: Paper
- K-12 Newcomer Award: EarlyBird
- Best Pivot on a Dime: ClassLink
- Equity and Anti-Racism Champion: Learning A-Z
- STEM / STEAM Instructional Solution: MAD-learn
- Literacy Instructional Solution: STORYWORLD International
- Critical Thinking Instructional Solution: thinkLaw
- College and Career Readiness Solution: Scrible
- Virtual Instructional Experience: F.E.V. Tutor
- SEL Solution of the Year: Robin
- Keeping Kids Safe Award: Gaggle
- Most Innovative PD Solution: Compassionate Math
- Communications and Family Engagement: Bloomz, Inc.
- Operations Solution: ClassLink/ClassLink Suite
- HR/Finance Solution: Allovue
The finalists in each category are:
- Innovator of the Year: 6crickets, Inc., ASU Prep Digital, Paper
- K-12 Newcomer Award: ClassLink Analytics, Rex Academy, EarlyBird
- Best Pivot on a Dime: Right At School, CatchOn, ClassLink/ClassLink Suite
- Equity and Anti-Racism Champion: Learning A-Z
- STEM / STEAM Instructional Solution: Nepris, Inc., STEMscopes NGSS, MAD-learn
- Literacy Instructional Solution: ThinkCERCA, STORYWORLD International, Scrible
- Critical Thinking Instructional Solution: Exemplars, Scrible, thinkLaw
- College and Career Readiness Solution: Xello, eDynamic Learning, Scrible
- Virtual Instructional Experience: Instructure, F.E.V. Tutor, EdOptions
- SEL Solution of the Year: Robin, Shmoop, Navigate360 Social-Emotional Learning
- Keeping Kids Safe Award: Goodside Health, Gaggle, Protect My Kids ID
- Most Innovative PD Solution: QoreInsights, Compassionate Math, MobileMind
- Communications and Family Engagement: EveryDay Labs, Bloomz, Inc., SchoolStatus
- Operations Solution: Kloud-12, ClassLink/ ClassLink Suite, Apex Learning
- HR/Finance Solution: Allovue, Frontline Education
Recipients of the Supes’ Choice Award were recognized at a hybrid gala held on December 9, 2021, with superintendent judges in-person in New York City and virtual participants watching YouTube live and networking and participating through Airmeet.
About the Institute for Education Innovation
Superintendents are defenders of our children’s right to a high-quality public education, and lead their teams toward effective, sustainable solutions to age-old problems. They must be at the center of discussions around when, where, and how innovation will affect teaching and learning. Many education solution providers, funders, researchers, and thought leaders are mission-driven: they do what they do to improve student outcomes. The Institute for Education Innovation bridges gaps between the individuals and organizations committed to seeing students succeed in school and life, creating a safe space for constructive problem-solving and innovative thinking. http://www.instituteforedinnovation.com.