Our overall performance in 2019 is a testament to the success of our 3-year strategic plan first implemented in 2018
MEXICO CITY (PRWEB) January 21, 2020
Interjet Airlines announced record year-over-year results for December and full-year results for 2019. Highlights include:
- Total traffic for December 2019 grew a robust 14.7 percent with YoY international traffic increasing 21.1 percent and domestic traffic growth of 11.8%
- Overall traffic for the full-year 2019 increased 9.4 percent with international passenger traffic growing to a record 25.9 percent. Domestic passenger traffic increased by 3.2 percent
- RPK’s (revenue passenger kilometers) grew 15.1 percent overall with international RPK’s up 28.4 percent
- ASK’s (available seat kilometers) increased dramatically as well with an increase of 9.6 percent overall and 19.8 percent for international travel
“Our overall performance in 2019 is a testament to the success of our 3-year strategic plan first implemented in 2018,” said William Shaw, CEO of Interjet Airlines. “We continued to deliver on that plan in 2019, and the results speak for themselves with record growth and revenue. We could not have done it without the commitment of our more than 6,000 airline professionals who work at Interjet. I am extremely proud of what we've accomplished together and am excited about Interjet’s future,” he added.
Other 2019 Highlights
- Set new records for overall passenger traffic growth driven by a robust increase in international traffic
- Introduced seven new international routes and expanded service to four other international destinations
- Introduced four new domestic routes
- Took delivery of six new Airbus aircraft including two Airbus A320s, and four Airbus A320neos.
- Launched mobile and web check-in service from the U.S. to Mexico
- Upgraded passenger experience at John F. Kennedy International Airport with a terminal relocation from T7 to T1
- Announced new or expanded interline and codeshare agreements with American Airlines, Alitalia, Qatar Airlines and Emirates
- Introduced global payment agreement with Worldpay
- Celebrated Interjet's 100th million passenger milestone
- Partnered with the Transportation Security Administration’s TSA Pre✓® program to offer passengers traveling from the U.S. to Mexico, expedited screening from all of the airports we fly from
- Introduced Club2020, an exclusive travel membership program
For more information regarding Interjet’s results, call me at +52 (55) 9178 5500 x5833. To make a reservation, visit http://www.interjet.com or in the U.S. call (866) 285-9525
Interjet is an international airline based in Mexico City carrying 14 million passengers annually within Mexico and between Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central, and South America. In all, it provides air service to 55 destinations in 10 countries offering its passengers greater connections and travel options through agreements with major airlines such as Alitalia, All Nippon Airways (ANA), American Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, Air Canada, LATAM Group, Iberia, Lufthansa, Hainan Airlines, Qatar Airlines, and Japan Airlines.
Interjet was also honored with Skytrax’s World Airline Award as the ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in Mexico and Best Cabin Crew in Mexico as well as being awarded the Travelers' Choice Trip Advisor Award as the best Mexico airline.
FB: @Interjet; TW: @Interjet; IG: @Interjet
Julieta Peña Flores
Tel. +52 (55) 9178 5500 x5833