Jacksonville, FL (PRWEB) June 15, 2016 -- The International Board of Credentialing & Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES) is excited to announce the launch of two brand new advanced training and certification programs developed for educators and health care professionals that would like to expand into ABA-focused therapy techniques. ABA, or Applied Behavior Analysis methodology, is proven to have to have the highest rate of success in treating Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
The new certifications include the Advanced Certified Autism Specialist (ACAS) and the Advanced Autism Certificate (AAC). Each program is designed to help educators and licensed health care professionals successfully implement ABA programming in the home, center, school or community environments.
“We are very excited about adding an advanced certification program with a focus on ABA therapy," said Myron Pincomb, IBCCES Board Chairman. "Many of our current Autism Specialists have been asking for this type of training and certification for several years.”
The new advanced ABA certification programs are designed to build upon the foundational knowledge and experience that a current Certified Autism Specialist (CAS) or Autism Certificate (AC) holder has obtained. Once a candidate has been awarded a CAS or AC, they will be eligible for the advanced ABA training and certification through IBCCES. This new advanced certification will greatly enhance the knowledge and marketability for speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, school psychologists, social workers, classroom teachers, special education teachers, paraprofessionals, the autism consultant and others responsible for the care of individuals with autism.
"As a BCBA and executive director of a residential center that specializes in serving students with autism, we are thrilled about the Advanced Autism Certification offered by IBCCES," said Daniel Bayes, BCBA and Bayes Achievement Center Executive Director. "We believe this new evidence-based training with its emphasis in ABA will be a benefit for anyone involved in the treatment of students with autism or intellectual disabilities."
The content of the online training was developed under the guidance of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and other professionals with clinical ABA experience. The new ABA program is specifically designed for an individual who currently holds a Certified Autism Specialist (CAS) Certificate or an Autism Certificate (AC) from IBCCES and wants to increase their knowledge and expertise in the field of ABA therapy.
- Certification is designed around the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodology which is proven to have the highest rate of success in treating Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- The entire 10-week online course can be accessed online from the comfort, convenience and the privacy of your home or office with absolute freedom and flexibility with scheduling.
- Both the training and the certification program were developed by highly trained professionals who have extensive fieldwork experience and knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis and ABA therapy.
- With the rate of autism diagnosis rapidly increasing worldwide, the need for credentialed and licensed autism-related service providers continues to grow every year. Autism, commonly known as ASD, is a neurodevelopmental disorder with a wide range of symptoms and impairment levels.
- According to a 2016 study conducted by the Center for Disease Control, 1 in 68 children in the US have been diagnosed with ASD. It is five times more common among boys than girls, and there are currently over 10,000 job openings available for educators and educators with training and certification in the field of autism.
For more information, please visit our website here, or contact kristin(at)ibcces(dot)org.
IBCCES (the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) is the global leader in training and certifications programs for the education and care of individuals with special needs. In 2001, IBCCES first established the industry standards for a Certified Autism Specialist. IBCCES leading standards are now used by organizations all over the world to ensure the highest quality of care and training for professionals in the field of Autism, with a goal to develop an army of highly trained and certified professionals who can improve the quality of life and education for individuals with Autism. IBCCES currently has certification programs recognized in all 50 states in the U.S. and in 31 different countries around the world.
Kristin Chambers, International Board of Credentialing & Continuing Education Standards, http://www.ibcces.org, +1 (877) 717-6543, [email protected]