End Slavery Tennessee is delighted to be a recipient of this year’s Starfish Award. This donation fully covers the cost of therapy, doctors’ appointments, and medications for one survivor in our safe house.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (PRWEB) February 14, 2019
Since 2010, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) has provided financial support to local and national nonprofits through an annual corporate giving initiative called the Starfish Campaign.
ISTS is proud to announce the following organizations as recipients of the 2018-19 Starfish Awards:
- Childhelp – Childhelp is a national organization dedicated to helping at-risk children. Childhelp’s programs and services include residential treatment services, children’s advocacy centers, therapeutic foster care, group homes and child abuse prevention, education and training.
- End Slavery Tennessee – End Slavery Tennessee’s mission is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront slavery in the State of Tennessee. End Slavery Tennessee provides specialized case management and comprehensive aftercare for human trafficking survivors and tactically addresses the problem through advocacy, prevention and training front line professionals.
- Nashville Launch Pad – Launch Pad is a ‘street-free sleep’ initiative, fueled by a collective of concerned citizens within the LGBTQ and allied community, which strives to provide open and affirming safer sleeping shelters for homeless youth in Davidson County.
- Nashville Public Library Foundation – The Nashville Public Library Foundation is a committed community of leaders, learners and innovative achievers dedicated to supporting and empowering the Nashville Public Library, which serves more than 350,000 Nashville residents.
- Room in the Inn – Supported by nearly 200 congregations and more than 7,000 volunteers, Room In The Inn provides programs that emphasize human development and recovery through education, self-help and work, centered in community and long term support for those who call the streets of Nashville home.
Each year, ISTS team members come together to nominate and select charitable organizations to receive a donation from the company. In keeping with ISTS’ Core Values, this annual campaign encourages ISTS employees to “Help Others” both professionally and personally. In 2017, ISTS also initiated a social media campaign (#HelpThatOne) to boost public awareness of the recipient organizations and encourage support of their charitable missions.
“End Slavery Tennessee is delighted to be a recipient of this year’s Starfish Award. This donation fully covers the cost of therapy, doctors’ appointments, and medications for one survivor in our safe house,” said Miranda Pietschman, Events and Communications Coordinator for End Slavery Tennessee. “Therapy is possibly the most important part of a survivor’s healing journey, and because of the ISTS Starfish Award, one survivor is now on her road to recovery!”
Read more about the Starfish Campaign at applyISTS.com/about/Community.
About International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS)
Founded in 1985, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. provides comprehensive management of educational assistance programs, including scholarships, grants, loan repayment and tuition reimbursement. ISTS is a 100% women-owned company, focused on offering cutting-edge technology and sustainable solutions to corporations, foundations, associations, unions and other organizations worldwide. For more information about ISTS, visit http://www.applyISTS.com.