"We have always been business model-agnostic, and we have adapted well to changes within the industry and the profession we serve thanks to strong leadership from a vibrant, engaged, and talented Board of Directors," said Sean R. Walters, CAE®, chief executive officer.
DENVER (PRWEB) December 04, 2020
The last decade has seen incredible changes in the financial advisory profession. One trend has been growth in Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and hybrid models. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lists over 13,800 total RIA firms serving over 40 million clients. As the premier association representing financial advisors, the percentage of Investments & Wealth Institute members and board leaders who hail from RIA ranks has grown as well. In late 2019, the Investments & Wealth Institute announced that for the first time in its 35 year history, the plurality of its members work within independent channels.
On 3 December 2020, the Investments & Wealth Institute made several announcements regarding the composition of its Board of Directors. The Institute's 2021 Board Chair, Chair-Elect, and newest Board member all serve as principals of RIA firms.
- Lauris S. Lambergs, CIMA®, CHSA®, has been elected to serve a two-year term on the Board of Directors beginning 1 January 2021. Mr. Lambergs is Co-founder and Chief Investment Officer at Renaissance Wealth Advisors, LLC., a Registered Investment Advisor headquartered in Massachusetts. He brings more than 25 years of global, professional experience in institutional investing, business management, and family wealth facilitation to the board of directors.
- Dorothy Bossung, CIMA®, CPWA®, RMA®, CFP®, has been elected to serve a two-year term as Chair of the Board of Directors beginning 1 January 2022. Ms. Bossung is Executive Vice President at Lowery Asset Consulting, LLC with over 30 years of experience. She has extensive experience as a personal advisor to high-net-worth families and consulting for non-profits, endowments & foundations, and associations emphasizing preservation and growth of assets, making her a recognized expert throughout the industry.
- Todd Wagenberg, CIMA®, will complete his second year as Board Chair in 2021. Mr. Wagenberg is Managing Partner, Integrated Fiduciary Advisory Services, LLC, Birmingham, MI
"We pride ourselves on being the premier professional association, education provider, and standards body for financial advisors," said Sean R. Walters, CAE®, chief executive officer. "We have always been business model-agnostic, and we have adapted well to changes within the industry and the profession we serve thanks to strong leadership from a vibrant, engaged, and talented Board of Directors."
In 2021, the Investments & Wealth Institute will also be unveiling a new Center for RIA Excellence, an online community and comprehensive resource center for premier RIA Firm principals & practitioners. In addition, the recently announced THRIVE Center for Diversity & Inclusion will deliver educational programs and develop a community of professionals passionate about building a profession where financial advisors from underrepresented communities can thrive.
Currently, the 13-member board of directors is comprised of six women and seven men, all advisory practitioners and subject matter experts serving the advisor community. The volunteer board of directors governs and guides the Investments & Wealth Institute as the fiduciary, policy-setting, and strategic governing body.
Completing board terms in 2020 is Keith Clemens, CIMA®, CPWA®, first vice president at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
Officer positions continuing their terms on the 2021 Board of Directors are:
- Chair, Todd Wagenberg, CIMA®—Managing Partner, Integrated Fiduciary Advisory Services, LLC, Birmingham, MI
- Vice-Chair, Dorothy Bossung, CIMA®, CPWA®, RMASM, CFP®—Executive Vice President, Lowery Asset Consulting, Chicago, IL
- Scott Welch, CIMA®—Chief Investment Officer – Model Portfolios, WisdomTree Asset Management, New York, NY
- Christine Gaze, CIMA®—Founder and President, Purpose Consulting Group, New York, NY
Directors-at-large continuing terms on the 2021 Board of Directors are:
- Elizabeth "Libet" Anderson, CIMA®— President, ProEquities, Inc., Birmingham, AL
- T. Chris Bidwell, CIMA®, RMA®, CIMC®— Financial Advisor and Corporate Retirement Director at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Brian Konish, CPWA®, CFP®, CeXP – Managing Director - Investments, K|B Private Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Boston, MA
- Desiree Maldonado, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP® – Financial Consultant, Popular Securities, LLC, San Juan, PR
- Noel Pacarro Brown, CIMA®, CPWA®—Investing with Impact Director and Family Wealth Advisor at The Conscious Wealth Management Group at Morgan Stanley, Portland, OR
- Brian Ullsperger, CIMA®, AIF®—Managing Director, Investment Consulting Services at Andersen Tax, Ashburn, VA
- Kelly S. Walsh, CIMA®, RCC®— Director, Wealth Management Advisory Services, Coast Capital Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Immediate past-chair Kevin Sánchez, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®—Senior Institutional Consultant, UBS Institutional Consulting, Walnut Creek, CA will also continue to serve.
For more information visit: http://www.investmentsandwealth.org/about-us/governance
For additional information, contact Devon Coquillard, communications manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 850-3202.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute®
Founded in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute is the premier professional association, education provider, and standards body for financial advisors. Through its award-winning events, publications, courses, and acclaimed certifications—Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®), and Retirement Management Advisor® (RMA®)—the Institute delivers Ivy League-quality, highly practical education to more than 25,000 practitioners annually in 40 countries. Members of the Institute include the 'industry's most successful investment consultants, advanced financial planners, and private wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics in applying a broad set of knowledge and skills in their daily work with clients. In total, Institute members and certificants manage more than $4 trillion in assets for 1.2M individual and 20,000 institutional clients.