TEL AVIV (PRWEB) October 03, 2018
Leading mobile monetization and marketing company ironSource announced today the launch of User Ad Revenue (UAR), a unique product giving app developers the ability to accurately measure ad revenue on the user level, and link that data to the marketing channel which brought in that specific user. By revealing how much in-app advertising revenue each individual user generates across all networks, and attributing that revenue to the relevant marketing channel, UAR empowers app developers to dramatically optimize both their monetization and user acquisition activities.
The lack of accurate user-level data on ad revenue has been a significant blind spot for both monetization and user acquisition managers, especially with the rising importance of ad monetization, which App Annie predicts will more than double by 2020 to $120B globally. Up until today, the efficiency of user acquisition spend was evaluated solely in terms of IAP revenue generated by acquired users, which left app marketers in the dark about potential top performing marketing channels bringing in high-value users in terms of ad monetization. For any developer monetizing through ads, UAR ensures that no marketing channel is mistakenly blacklisted or disregarded, thus maximizing overall revenue.
ironSource’s solution is unique in that it leverages data from their mobile ad mediation platform to show accurate, user-level data on ad revenue generated from across all the major ad networks. By then partnering with the leading attribution companies to gain insights into user acquisition channels, ironSource closes the loop on monetization and marketing. UAR is therefore the only solution able to offer app marketers a way to access accurate data on the ad revenue generated by users acquired through specific networks, and to then attribute that revenue correctly. Critically, this enables app marketers and UA managers to shift campaign optimization from a retention-based model to an ARPU/ROAS-based model which takes account of ad revenue as well.
“We developed this capability to enable our partners to finally generate profitable and efficient user acquisition across all the marketing channels, ” said Tal Shoham COO Developer Solutions at ironSource. “As a mediation provider we have visibility that other networks simply don’t have, allowing us to provide a picture of ad revenue generated across all the top networks. Coupled with our partnerships with the leading attribution providers, we’re able to generate a comprehensive view of the monetization and marketing cycle that no company has managed before. This is a true game changer. It allows an app marketer to not only bid accurately but it gives them the confidence that their marketing investment is indeed profitable.”
Developers will be able to see the ad revenue generated by acquired users through the dashboards of any participating attribution provider - Adjust, AppsFlyer, Kochava, Singular and Tenjin. Those using ironSource’s mediation platform will be able to see the complete breakdown by network.
“The User Ad Revenue from ironSource greatly enhances our user acquisition campaign management and optimization,” said Jeff Gurian, VP Marketing & Ad Monetization at Kongregate. “Previously we were estimating this revenue based on in-game ad events and extrapolating the impact to LTVs, which has some known drawbacks. The User Ad Revenue enables us to spend more efficiently across our marketing channels by providing a more accurate view of revenue across all ad types. This ultimately moves our business forward on many different levels.”
“Our vision is to create an offering which functions as a one-stop-shop for developers looking for growth solutions - whether that’s monetization, user acquisition, or deep data insights,” continued Shoham. “A central part of that mission is to forge connections between different parts of an app’s business to make the whole work more efficiently, and User Ad Revenue fits perfectly within that mission.”
ironSource, the leading in-app video advertising platform, makes free-to-play and free-to-use possible for over 1.5B people around the world. We build technologies that help app developers take their apps to the next level, including the industry’s largest in-app video network. Since only 2% of users pay to play, we provide tools to engage the other 98%. That’s why over 80K apps use our technologies to grow their app businesses, and why we’re working with leading companies like Kongregate, Zeptolab, Big Fish Games, Zynga and Playrix. We care about good creative and making ads as enjoyable as your games, and our designers sit next to our performance team, making sure data informs every creative decision. Founded in 2010, we’re a truly global company, with a strong local presence in Tel Aviv, London, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, Bangalore, Seoul and Tokyo. Read more at http://www.ironsrc.com.