Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) October 17, 2014 -- ISM Solar Solutions, part of the ISM Group of Companies, providers of utility-scale solar site development services announced today that they have partnered with Atlanta based WatershedGeo™, who offer permanent closures for landfills and brownfields using their patented products, including ClosureTurf™.
Together, ISM Solar Solutions and WatershedGeo™ will design, develop and construct utility scale solar arrays on existing and new ClosureTurf™ installations.
This joint venture will provide innovative solutions specific to landfill closures, while creating opportunities to develop renewable energy across North America.
"We enter the partnership with great expectations," said Mike Ayers, President of WatershedGeo™. "Our unique value proposition allows landfill owner/operators to turn a liability into an asset, by creating renewable energy after properly closing landfills."
The partnership provides three key environmental benefits:
• Creating permanent protection for aquifers and drinking water supplies from the hazardous materials and soil erosion associated with landfills and brownfields
• Developing cost effective, utility scale solar power to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and provide a clean source of energy for decades
• Repurposing landfills and brownfields to develop solar, while eliminating the need to cut down forests, place large arrays in neighborhoods or destroy family farms
"We are very pleased to offer an innovative solution which provides compelling economic and environmental benefits to all stake holders," said Greg Lucini, President and CEO of ISM Solar Solutions.
About ISM Solar Solutions
ISM Solar Solutions, LLC is the renewable energy division of International Sourcing & Marketing, Ltd. (ISM), a leading provider of global sourcing solutions including product development, manufacturing and supply chain management totaling over $1 billion per year. Since 1987, ISM has provided product sourcing and manufacturing solutions to the world's leading technology companies. ISM is based in Providence, Rhode Island with 10 offices worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.ismri.com.
About Watershed Geosynthetics
Watershed Geo is an Alpharetta, GA based geosynthetic company specializing in engineered products that solve earth’s greatest challenges with solutions that reduce risks, require virtually no maintenance and stand the test of time that far exceed the performance of traditional methods through the highest levels of testing. Through best-in-class materials and extreme engineering, our goal is to unearth solutions that eliminate plaguing industry issues while delivering more aesthetically-pleasing and effective results. The company's in house polymer scientists, geotechnical engineers and hydrologists have worked with multiple universities and private research labs to achieve unprecedented performance for its products. Watershed Geosynthetics serves the Environmental and Civil markets. Watershed Geo’s stable of products include:
• ClosureTurf™ (landfill and ash impoundment closures)
• HydroTurf™ (high hydraulic shear protections - Revetment)
• VersaCap™ (gas collection efficiency, leachate reduction, odor prevention, emission control)
• LFG low pressure valves (GCCS system shutdown protection)
• Synterra Wall (MSE wall protection and aesthetics)
Michael Ayers, President, WatershedGeo, http://Watershedgeo.com, +1 770-845-8043, [email protected]