We are excited to share this immersive, multi-sensory experience featuring the world’s most advanced 4D attraction technology.
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (PRWEB) May 15, 2019
The Simpsons in 4D is now open at Broadway at the Beach. This highly-anticipated attraction features authentic recreations of the show’s famous Kwik-E-Mart and iconic Aztec Theater, bringing a slice of Springfield to South Carolina’s most popular tourist destination.
The Aztec Theater is a family-friendly motion experience in a state-of-the-art 4D theater that showcases a dynamic special effects-filled adventure starring America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons™.
Characters from Springfield, U.S.A. are lined up outside of the Aztec Theater as part of the fun exterior design. Inside the Aztec Theater lobby, join Homer and Marge on the red carpet, celebrate the career of Troy McClure, and enjoy pre-show clips featuring some of Springfield’s finest, including Itchy and Scratchy.
There’s more to explore at the authentic Kwik-E-Mart next door. The fully-themed convenience store has been brought to life with select products, including Buzz Cola, Lard Lad Donuts and six show-inspired Squishee flavors.
The Simpsons in 4D was created in partnership with SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment, FoxNext Destinations and Gracie Films. “We are excited to share this immersive, multi-sensory experience featuring the world’s most advanced 4D attraction technology,” says Michael Needham, Founder and CEO, SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment. “The reaction to the opening of the Kwik-E-Mart has been overwhelmingly positive and we see fans from all generations thrilled to be part of The Simpsons story.”
The Simpsons in 4D is open daily with tickets available at the box office. Visit Si4D.com/Simpsons4D for information, and follow @Si4D.Simpsons4D on Facebook and Instagram.
ABOUT SIMEX-IWERKS ENTERTAINMENT
SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment, with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Baltimore, specializes in designing, building and operating special effects driven cinematic attractions that feature blockbuster content licensed from the world’s major studios. SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment provides 4D Experiences® to over 150 attractions worldwide, creating memorable experiences for over 40 million guests each year.
ABOUT FOXNEXT DESTINATIONS
FoxNext Destinations develops themed entertainment destinations that immerse guests in the company's iconic film and TV brands. Projects include 2017 THEA winner Springfield, U.S.A. and 2009 THEA winner The Simpsons Ride™ at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Alien: Descent, a free-roaming VR experience, AVATAR: Discover Pandora, an interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora and FX's American Horror Story at Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights.
ABOUT THE SIMPSONS
The longest-running primetime scripted show in television history, THE SIMPSONS exploded into a cultural phenomenon in 1990 and has remained one of the most groundbreaking and innovative entertainment franchises, recognizable throughout the world. Currently airing its record-annihilating 30th season and in development on seasons 31 and 32, THE SIMPSONS has won 33 Emmy Awards, 34 Annie Awards, a 2017 People's Choice Award, was the first animated series to win a Peabody Award, and was nominated for an Academy Award in 2012 for the theatrical short "The Longest Daycare." The Simpsons Movie was a hit feature film, their mega-attraction The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios has received historic expansion updates with the addition of 'Springfield’—winning a Thea Award in both 2009 and 2017. The show was honored with a Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2000. It has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine, called the "Greatest American Sitcom" by Entertainment Weekly in 2013, and declared "The Best TV Show Ever" in 2016 by vulture.com.
THE SIMPSONS is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, and Al Jean are the Executive Producers. The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division develops and produces the licensed content for the series. Visit THE SIMPSONS website at simpsonsworld.com, “Like” the series on Facebook at facebook.com/TheSimpsons, follow Homer Simpson @HomerJSimpson and @TheSimpsons on Twitter. Join the conversation using #thesimpsons and follow The Simpsons on Instagram @TheSimpsons.
ABOUT BROADWAY AT THE BEACH
Broadway at the Beach is South Carolina’s number one tourist, shopping, dining, and entertainment destination attracting millions of visitors annually. Broadway is set on 350 acres in the heart of Myrtle Beach and features world-class shopping, dining and entertainment in a series of magical, interconnected villages, surrounding the 23-acre Lake Broadway. Broadway’s distinguished tenant mix has something for the whole family: popular attractions; outstanding restaurants and eateries; extraordinary specialty shops with national and local brands; and first-rate hotels. A past recipient of the South Carolina Governor's Cup, it was deemed the state's best travel destination by the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism.
About The Attraction
- The Simpsons in 4D is a first-of-its-kind attraction with authentic recreations of the show’s Aztec Theater and Kwik-E-Mart—bringing a slice of Springfield to Broadway at the Beach.
- The Aztec Theater features a ticketed 4D theater experience. The show is a family-friendly motion experience in a state-of-the-art theater that features the adventures of America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons™.
- Guests will be swept into a fully-immersive themed universe that brings the Simpsons characters and environments to life with impeccable detail and precision. The Simpsons in 4D is faithful to the visual landscape of Springfield, including the Aztec Theater and Kwik-E-Mart.
- The attraction has many photo opportunities encouraging fans to get creative with their selfies while rubbing elbows with the show’s most recognizable characters.
- The Simpsons in 4D “Total Experience” Ticket includes a Souvenir Cup with your choice of a Squishee or Buzz Cola and a regular size Lard Lad Donut from the Kwik-E-Mart. All attraction tickets include a Hollywood-style, red carpet souvenir digital photo with The Simpsons family—ready for sharing.
About The Brand
- The Simpsons is the longest-running primetime scripted show in television history.
- The Simpsons is now in its 30th season and in development on seasons 31 and 32 with more than 600 episodes and has a tremendous following.
- The Simpsons has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine, the "Greatest American Sitcom" by Entertainment Weekly in 2013, and "The Best TV Show Ever" in 2016 by Vulture.com.
Follow Us on Facebook and Instagram @Si4D.Simpsons4D