I am absolutely thrilled to be chosen again for an ASID-Illinois award. It means so much to be honored by my peers.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) October 13, 2020
In 2019, Michelle won Best Kitchen and in 2018 she won Best Bathroom awards from ASID-IL. This year’s winning bath is part of a newly constructed, 9,000-square-foot home near Dallas. Michelle designed all of the interior and exterior spaces, which can be viewed here: https://www.michellesinteriors.com/spaces/west-lake-texas-redefining-texas-living/
To preview the master suite, click here: https://www.michellesinteriors.com/spaces/westlake-texas-master-suite/
Michelle’s winning design combines drama, art-inspired elements and smart solutions into a master bath where her clients can begin and end their days in an oasis of tranquility. Among the design decisions:
- Custom designed a sculptural, oversized chandelier with 18 pendants at varying heights to help fill the large-volume space and make it feel cozier. The hand-blown glass fixture supplies artistic influence and a “wow” factor.
- Revised the original architectural plan, lowering the shower ceiling from 12 to 10 feet. This created a more intimate space and improves energy efficiency for the steam option.
- Installed individual shower heads – a really soft flow for him, more force for her for hair washing
- Designed his-and-hers vanities with art-inspired, mosaic tile accent walls in stone and frosted glass.
- Integrated a TV into one of the vanity mirrors on the husband’s side.
- Defined the tub area with a framed inset tile floor area that mimics a rug.
- Chose tub made of insulating volcanic limestone, which maintains water temperature longer
- Added a heated shower seat
- Selected an oval tub to echo the bay window curve
- Chose eco-friendly, fast-growing eucalyptus wood for the custom cabinetry.
A graduate of the design program at Gateway Technical College, Wisconsin, Michelle has an innate sense of style and a conviction that each home should embrace the spirit of the people who live there. Her inspiration begins with her clients’ personal stories, but she also draws on decades of experience working with the basic tools of design: color, texture, scale, function, and most of all, creativity. To that, Michelle adds a passion for sensible, eco-friendly design choices, which she calls Fifty Shades of Green (https://www.michellesinteriors.com/sustainability/) because she believes that even small changes can produce healthier indoor living. She is a certified GREENleader and member of the national Sustainable Furnishings Council.
Throughout her career, Michelle has created one-of-a-kind homes for hundreds of discerning clients in the Chicago area and throughout the United States. In addition to her ASID awards, she won Best Powder Room in the 2018 Kitchen and Bath Design Awards. Michelle is a co-author of “Today’s Inspired Leader” and is featured in “Kids’ Space Idea Book” and “Kids’ Rooms.”
A dedicated business woman and philanthropist, Michelle is an allied member of ASID and a graduate of Goldman Sachs 10,000, Cohort 15. She is a member of the International Interior Design Association and PowerHouse SMART, a networking and educational community for the luxury design-build market. Michelle participates annually in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life and supports Feeding Starving Children and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Please contact me at https://www.michellesinteriors.com/about/#meet-michelle if you have a question or want to schedule an interview. I can also be reached by phone at 312-291-4466 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org