Join ASBPE... AZBEE Awards for this year open November 1. Editorial Leadership conference November 16. Annual conference and awards banquet May 9-10 2019.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (PRWEB) November 02, 2018
Why Join ASBPE?
1. ASBPE Is Your Voice. ASBPE is exclusively an association of professional editors, writers, freelancers, graphic artists and art directors who work for business magazines and their associated Web sites. Our central focus is helping our members develop their editorial, design and management skills, which will enhance their performance and prepare them to play larger roles in their publishing organizations. We also believe content creators must be aware of trends in advertising sales, circulation, marketing, production, and the business of publishing.
2. Editorial Conferences (the ASBPE’s Inaugural B2B Editorial Leadership Academy is November 16 in NYC and the next national conference and awards banquet is May 9-10, 2019 at the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, FL). Hear what the country’s top experts have to say about business and editorial practices that work. Swap ideas with your peers. Members get discounted rates to attend the conferences and our annual Azbee Awards of Excellence banquet.
3. Azbee Print, Digital Editorial, Design, Magazine of the Year Awards. ASBPE’s annual Azbee Awards of Excellence competition is the largest and most competitive in B2B publishing. The Society recognizes excellence — in both print and digital platforms — in more than 50 writing and design categories. The 2018 competition opened November 1.
4. Annual Awards of Excellence Banquet. The banquet honors our gold, silver, and bronze winners of the print and digital editorial, design, Web Site and Magazines of the Year competition. The banquet features presentations to those award winners and to our Lifetime Achievement Award and the Young Leaders Scholarship winners. The Lifetime Achievement Award winner delivers the banquet keynote speech. Members may attend the banquet at a discount.
5. Lifetime Achievement Award and the Young Leaders Scholarship. The Lifetime Achievement Award is given to an editor who has contributed to the profession throughout his or her career. Our Young Leaders Scholarship pays the registration fees for promising young editors to attend our Annual National Editorial Conference.
6. Electronic Newsletters. Keep up-to-date on what’s happening at ASBPE with our e-newsletters. Every alert has valuable information that will help editors and designers do their jobs more effectively.
7. Member Discounts. Members get discounts on fees for Society conferences, the Azbee Awards of Excellence competition, local chapter meetings and boot camps, selected books and other special opportunities.
8. Educational Opportunities. Local chapters present a variety of educational programs. Discover new resources and enhance your career. Your chapter membership is included in your national dues. ASBPE sponsors local chapters in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Kansas City, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
No local chapter in your city? The Society is working to build additional chapters in other major business publishing centers across the country. If you’d like to start one, ASBPE can put you in touch with others in your location and supply the know-how and resources. Contact Society headquarters for details at email@example.com.
9. Networking Events. ASBPE Happy Hours and other networking events help members to meet their local peers, discuss current issues in the B2B industry, and learn about job opportunities. By attending these events ASBPE members can keep on top of industry trends, make important contacts and share strategies.
10. ASBPE Webinars. ASBPE offers webinars on cutting-edge topics presented by top professionals in the field. Sample topics include “Taking your B2B publication to the next level.” Members can register and access archived webinars at no cost.
11. The ASBPE Web Site and Special Members-Only Section. ASBPE’s Web site includes classified employment ads, roundups of the Society’s national and chapter activities, a bookstore, useful links, and a whole lot more.
An exclusive members-only section features archived webinars, results of member surveys, and how-to articles that help members do their jobs more effectively.
12. Guide to Preferred Editorial Practices. ASBPE’s guide helps identify potential ethical conflicts and encourages a high level of professionalism. The Guide also includes guidelines for Web publishing.
13. ASBPE Ethics Advisories. ASBPE Ethics Advisories are opinions issued by ASBPE’s ethics committee on ethical questions submitted by members. They are based on ASBPE’s Guide to Preferred Editorial Practices, and they are available only to ASBPE members.
Becoming a member of ASBPE is now free for qualified business-to-business editors, writers, freelancers, art directors, designers, and other B2B media professionals. Join almost 2,000 colleagues at ASBPE!