SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) July 02, 2020
The Tanforan Shell & Carwash in San Bruno, home of the Bay Area’s most popular dinosaur exhibit and the iconic T-Rex, is giving residents a break from their stay-at-home lives, while helping to promote art, musical artists and charity in an era where arts venues have been shuttered and hope is hard to come by. “Relief-O-Rama,” beginning July 4th and continuing every weekend through the end of the month, and will transform the local wash into the Bay Area’s must-see, VR arts-immersive cultural happening (as it still washes cars), while a dunk tank offers a chance to dunk favorite politicians beneath comedians, impersonators, and rooftop live music. 15% of all proceeds from the event will support Covid-19 response efforts, local schools and arts, orphanages and other humanitarian projects. To date, Tanforan Shell has donated over $350K for social impact causes. All events, participation and guest interactions will be attentive to social distancing guidelines to maintain safety.
A full calendar of events and performances is available at http://www.touchfreewash.com/relief-o-rama but in brief, the month-long, politically neutral, Relief-O-Rama will include:
- A Political Dunk Tank, featuring political personas from both sides of the spectrum as well as a dunkable human-sized COVID-19 virus!
- Political satirist and top Trump impersonator John Di Domenico (Today Show, The View, Conan) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXVdl_1H2w
- Stand Up & Actor Marc Price (Family Ties)
- The Bubbletown Video Show’s Virtual Reality immersion experiences from global artists inside the wash tunnel
- A brand new caricatured sculpture of President Trump “interacting” with the wash’s famous T-Rex (who will be freshly outfitted a-la Run-DMC with giant, functioning boombox)
- Art installations gifted from anonymous Republican donors, temporarily on hiatus from touring with the Helsinki Museum of Modern Art
- “Hardly Unlikely” live local band performance series on the Hangry Mart rooftop stage
- LED rooftop art installations
- Free cotton candy and other snacks
“Transforming the mundane into a source of awe and wonder has been the alchemy of this offbeat family-run philanthropic gas station-amusement park,” said Bobak Bakhtiari. “Yes it feels like the world ended already and everyone is hurting badly right now from an invisible bully that’s inhaled a year’s worth of lunch money and more. I felt it’s time to inspire community and art in a distance savvy way. I figured July can be a month of multifaceted mental relief, celebrating art and music in a panic attack prone Covide-era, while raising some money for good causes. It’s time to give people a mental break from the rampant Debbie Downage everywhere.”
Social media pages for Relief-O-Rama can be found at: @touchfreewash and Touch Free Wash on Facebook.
Suggested Tweet: Support Bay Area COVID-19 charity outreach and the arts at “Relief-O-Rama” starting July 4th at the Tanforan Shell (1199 CA-82, San Bruno, CA 94066)! VR Arts, Political Dunk Tank, Giant T-Rex, Live Spray Painting & “Hardly Unlikely” Rooftop Band Series. #ReliefORama
WHAT: “Relief-O-Rama” at the Tanforan Shell & Carwash
WHEN: July 4th – July 31st 11am-8pm on July 4th, and 12-4pm every weekend in July.
WHERE: Tanforan Shell (1199 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066)
WHY: To provide a safe venue for struggling artists, raise funds benefitting COVID-19 related charities, arts and youth health programs while providing Bay Area residents much needed mental health relief via arts & entertainment.
Brian McWilliams / Spelling Communications / 310-838-4010 / firstname.lastname@example.org