LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) July 07, 2016 -- While summer is a great time for outdoor activities, it can also bring extreme heat and humidity. In fact, nearly a third of weather-related deaths in the U.S. are attributed to excessive natural heat, heat stroke, sun stroke or all three, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). That’s why Amica Insurance is offering tips to help keep everyone safe.
Heat-related deaths and illnesses are preventable, so stay cool and use common sense. Amica is sharing the following tips from the CDC:
- Drink plenty of fluids, regardless of activity level.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, and always put on sunscreen.
- Stay indoors if possible, and in an air-conditioned place.
- Monitor infants, young children and the elderly.
- Do not leave children or pets in a parked car.
- Eat lightly, and avoid hot foods and alcohol.
- Provide plenty of fresh water for pets.
- Seek medical attention if anyone exhibits warning signs, like extremely high body temperatures, red, hot or dry skin, nausea or a rapid, strong pulse.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
Brendan Dowding, Amica Mutual Insurance Co., http://www.amica.com, +1 (800) 652-6422 Ext: 22380, [email protected]