WASHINGTON (PRWEB) June 27, 2022
Rolls and bags containing the third American Innovation $1 Coin of 2022 will go on sale June 28 at noon EDT. The reverse (tails) design of the coins in these products honors innovation from the State of Kentucky. The following packaging options from the United States Mint (Mint) facilities at Philadelphia and Denver will be available:
- PRODUCT CODE: 22GRC, PRODUCT OPTION: 25-Coin Roll–P, PRICE: $34.50
- PRODUCT CODE: 22GRG, PRODUCT OPTION: 25-Coin Roll–D, PRICE: $34.50
- PRODUCT CODE: 22GBC, PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag–P, PRICE: $117.50
- PRODUCT CODE: 22GBG; PRODUCT OPTION: 100-Coin Bag–D, PRICE: $117.50
Inventory is limited due to heavy enrollment orders. Customers should sign up for REMIND ME alerts, as additional inventory may become available during order reconciliation. All inventory resulting from cancellations, invalid, and/or fraudulent orders will be made available to the general public via REMIND ME messages. To set up a REMIND ME alert for the Kentucky American Innovation $1 Coin product options, visit the product detail page.
Introduced in 2018 and authorized by Public Law 115-197, the American Innovation® $1 Coin Program is a multi-year series featuring distinctive reverse (tails) designs that pay homage to America’s ingenuity and celebrate the pioneering efforts of individuals or groups from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories.
The 2022 American Innovation Kentucky $1 Coin design recognizes the invention of bluegrass music. Bluegrass has roots in traditional English, Scottish, and Irish ballads and dance tunes, as well as in traditional African American blues and jazz. The reverse (tails) design features a banjo, an important bluegrass instrument, tilted to one side, alluding to the rhythm and movement of the music. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “BLUEGRASS,” and “KENTUCKY.” The design was created by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) Designer Christina Hess and sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon.
The obverse (heads) of all coins in this series features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “$1.” It also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation. AIP Designer Justin Kunz created the design, which was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Phebe Hemphill.
Incused on the coin’s edge are “2022,” the mint mark, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
American Innovation $1 Coin Enrollments work like a magazine subscription. After you sign up, you will receive the next product released in the series and continue to receive products until you end your enrollment. Visit American Innovation $1 Enrollments | US Mint Catalog Online to learn more.
Additional American Innovation $1 Coin products are available at: https://catalog.usmint.gov/coins/coin-programs/american-innovation-dollar-coins/.
Please use the United States Mint catalog site at https://catalog.usmint.gov/ for all order placements or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of June 28, 2022, at noon EDT.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/news/image-library/american-innovation-dollar#kentucky to view images of the Kentucky American Innovation $1 Coin.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit and subscribe to the United States Mint’s YouTube channel to view videos about the United States Mint.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, public statements, and our monthly educational newsletter, Lessons That Make Cents.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins